Full-Time Technical Director
Black Hills Community Theatre and the Performing Arts Center of Rapid City are looking for a highly qualified technical director.
The Technical Director, under the direct supervision of the Executive Director, and in collaboration with the Artistic Director, will work to meet, efficiently and economically, the technical needs of Black Hills Community Theatre productions and Performing Arts Center of Rapid City events while managing an Assistant Technical Director, and recruiting, educating and supervising a volunteer work force.
The Technical Director has the daily responsibility for the technical operations of the BHCT and the Performing Arts Center of Rapid City (the 800 seat Historic Theatre and 175 seat Studio Theater) including lighting, sound, projection, set design and construction, and coordinating necessary maintenance. The Technical Director also serves as production manager for Performing Arts Center of Rapid City events other than those of the BHCT which include resident organizations (Black Hills Symphony, Black Hills Showcase (an a capella choir), and Rapid City Children’s Chorale) and various rental events of local community organizations to touring theatrical, dance and music events.
The Ideal Candidate Will Have
• A Masters Degree in technical theater, OR equivalent combination of education and experience, and 3 years professional experience in a theater setting and/or with touring performing arts companies.
• A working knowledge of techniques, methods and procedures of theatre, dance, and music performance including staging, set, sound and lighting design and implementation; stage management; computerized lighting and sound systems.
• Expertise in one or more areas of set, lighting or sound design.
• Enthusiasm for community theatre and helping volunteers learn and grow.
• Strong interpersonal communication, customer service and organizational skills.
• Understand and be capable of ensuring that all laws, building codes, ordinances, policies, procedures, risk management, and emergency procedures are followed.
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple and on-going projects to achieve the highest standards within the time, human resource and budgetary constraints available.
• Strong computer skills including MS Word and Excel, or equivalent. Experience with AutoCad and/or Vectorworks a plus.
This position is full time. Hours are to be determined based on the needs of the productions, but as is typical in theatre, tech week and performance weekends are much more demanding than other times.
How to Apply
Send resume, cover letter and three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org
Submission of any portfolio items that illustrate design skills would be advantageous.
|• Job Title:||Technical Director|
|• Job Type:||Full-Time Job|
|• Employer:||Performing Arts Center of Rapid City/Black Hills Community Theatre|
|• Location:||Rapid City, South Dakota, United States|