Full-Time Job Technical Director
Lee Street Theatre, rated #2 for Best Place for Live Theatre by bestplacesnc.com, is a black box style, community-based theatre and is searching for a full time Technical Director.
Job duties include:
• Provide light, sound and scenic design for majority of theatrical productions and concert events.
• Hire guest designers when needed and supervise the interface of those designers with directors and ensure that they are adhering to their individual budgets.
• Schedule and attend all production meetings and develop schedules for completion of all theatrical elements to meet production openings in a timely and efficient manner.
• Assist Artistic Director with the development of individual show budgets as well as overall season budget.
• Provide operating cost projections of building maintenance and function for yearly budget.
• Maintain inventory of building supplies and operational needs.
• Determine and recommend capital purchases needed for both maintenance and expansion of theatrical equipment to Artistic Director.
• Interview and make recommendations for interns, stage managers, over-hire personnel.
• Manage timesheets and submit payment requests to Office/Business Manager.
• Schedule and supervise all volunteer personnel in the construction of sets to include safe operation of all equipment used in set construction.
• Interview, hire, manage technical theatre applicants for summer internship program.
• Maintain all equipment used in the construction and presentation of all events.
• Conducts tours for rental considerations and schedules rentals of the Lee Street space.
• Serves as Lee Street representative for rentals and hires additional personnel when needed.
• Attend tech week rehearsals ensuring all technical aspects necessary to the effectiveness of each show are met.
• Hire sound mixers for concert events.
• Attend monthly board meetings.
• Make recommendations to Facilities Committee of the board for upgrades, repairs, and requests for approval.
• Determine construction schedules for each event and lead in the construction.
• Manage time effectively in accordance to job responsibilities and request additional assistance and financial assistance from Artistic Director.
• Purchase and pick up or request delivery for all products involved in building maintenance and scenic construction.
• Communicate with Volunteer Coordinator when volunteers are needed to complete buildouts, facility maintenance, etc.
• Serve as facility representative with city officials and ensure that building stays within code regulations and fire marshal compliance.
• Serve as Technical Director and Project Manager for annual Christmas events outside of the theatre, (Scrooge Christmas Trolley Tour, Polar Express)
• Ability to lift at least 50 lbs.
Minimum 2 years scene shop experience with technical direction/design experience desired. BA or BFA in technical theatre preferred. Proficiency in AutoCAD or Vectorworks preferred.Strong work ethic essential along with excellent customer service skills a must.
Please send resume, references, cover letter and salary history to Craig Kolkebeck, Artistic Director – email@example.com. Include design samples or portfolio link with submission.
|• Job Title:||Technical Director|
|• Job Type:||Full-Time Job|
|• Employer:||Lee Street Theatre|
|• Location:||Salisbury, North Carolina, United States|