Contract Job Technical Director
Lawton Community Theatre
Position Title: Technical Director
A BA/BFA in technical theatre is preferred.
Two (2) years as technical director or four years as assistant technical director in community theatre or college theatre. Work experience to include set design and construction and coordination/ training of volunteers. Considerable experience in designing and constructing sets, lighting design, and audio system operation are required.
Same requirements as above, with five years as technical director in community theatre or college theatre. Demonstrated capability to maintain facilities and repair equipment.
Daily and weekly schedules will be managed to average a 40 hour work week. Flex-time will be used to adjust to the normal demands of theatrical productions. All flex-time shall be coordinated with the managing director. The Technical Director reports directly to the Managing Director.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Determines the necessary technical support necessary for performances presented by Lawton Community Theatre.
• Designs, sets up, maintains, and operates lighting and sound systems and assists guest designers and artists with technical matters.
• Designs and constructs the stage set and oversees strike.
• Recruits, trains, and supervises stage crews and volunteer staff.
• Facilitates the use of the theatre by organizations renting the facility.
• Arranges for the repair and replacement of stage equipment within budgetary constraints; performs maintenance on equipment as coordinated with the Managing Director.
• Assists with the preparation and control of production budgets; maintains inventory and orders specialized supplies.
• Performs minor facility maintenance duties under the direction of the Managing Director.
• Resolves safety issues to assure compliance with all safety and health codes.
• Completes other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Managing Director.
|• Job Title:||Technical Director|
|• Job Type:||Contract Job|
|• Employer:||Lawton Community Theatre|
|• Location:||Lawton, Oklahoma, United States|