Full-Time Job Technical Director
II. POSITION SUMMARY:
In charge of the on time and on budget execution of Scenery for Main Stage, Education and Event productions. This position works in conjunction with the Stage Operations Manager in order to achieve high pace and safe change overs. Maintains budgets, creates calendars and schedules and performs hiring of technical personnel.
III. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
• Supervises the execution of scenery and special effects for all productions while maintaining the high standards of each production through the duration of its run. This includes Scenic construction, scenic painting and scenic automation.
• Insures the safe operation of the shop, enforces a safety program and holds weekly meetings about safety and current productions.
• Work effectively with the Stage Operations Manager and other departments to achieve high paced change overs.
• Keeps the Director of Production informed of any problems within the Scenery Department via weekly budget updates and general sharing of information.
• Responsible for employment of technical staff, build schedules, estimates, and construction drawings.
• Development and maintenance of production and show budgets—turns receipts in to finance each Friday.
• Serves as technical expert in design and production meetings.
IV. CORE COMPETENCIES:
• Demonstrated planning and organizational skills.
• Demonstrated ability to work independently or as part of a team.
• Demonstrated skills in situational leadership, recruiting, hiring, and developing staff.
• Ability to set priorities, meet deadlines, manage projects and multitask.
• Ability to communicate orally and in writing.
• Ability to interact with all levels of the organization.
V. OTHER ACCOUNTABILITIES:
• Special Events: Works with Development, Director of Production and the Artistic Director in the scheduling, logistics and technical requirements of company events.
• Rental Program: Support technical needs of the facility rental program.
• All work is performed with a direct reflection of the Mission, Vision and Values of ZACH Theatre.
VI. PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
• Ability to lift, push, pull or otherwise maneuver up to 70 lbs.
• Comfortable working on ladders, mechanical lifts or other high places.
• Comfortable working in confined spaces.
• Comfortable with mechanics and automation.
VII. EDUCATION, LICENSURE, CERTIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
• MFA in Technical Direction or a combination of education and work experience that yields the required skills and abilities.
VIII. KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Working knowledge of MS Office including MS Word, Excel, Power Point, and Outlook
• Ability to efficiently produce construction drawings using AutoCAD.
• General knowledge of theatrical lighting equipment.
• Mathematical skills including structural design, geometry, algebra and trigonometry.
• Demonstrated skills that encompass all areas of theatrical carpentry and craftsmanship.
• In depth demonstrated knowledge of theatrical rigging systems and stage automation.
• A demonstrated knowledge of stage operations.
• A general knowledge of equity and union rules.
• A working knowledge of theatre history and the design processes.
• Working knowledge of stage effects.
Qualified Candidates can send their resume to email@example.com
No phone calls, please.
|• Job Title:||Technical Director|
|• Job Type:||Full-Time Job|
|• Employer:||ZACH Theatre|
|• Location:||Austin, Texas, United States|