Contract Job Technical and Facilities Manager
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
We are looking for a full-time, seasonal Technical and Facilities Manager to coordinate onsite operations and production technical needs for this 40 acre entertainment destination and outdoor world class performing arts center.
The ideal candidate will have experience in supervising and overseeing staff, working cooperatively with a diverse range of stakeholders, and handling responsibilities of increasing difficulty with ease.
Must be able to work independently with little or no supervision, well organized, flexible and enjoy the managerial challenges of supporting a dedicated board of directors, executive staff and volunteer corps, and serving the community.
The Technical & Facilities Manager reports directly to the Executive Director and Board Chairman.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
• Manage and direct site/tech staff including scheduling staff, recruiting new employees, and verifying time-sheets prior to each payroll period.
• Responsible for setting up venue prior to program/event. Set up house manifest chairs, stage area, sound baffles, house lighting hang, and front of house tower.
• Coordinate and complete concession tents set up and prepare backstage area for hospitality.
• At beginning of each season, hang sponsor banners and set up garden fountain.
• Ensure entire park and backstage office/green room/dressing rooms are clean and presentable at all times.
• Install IT equipment if needed.
• Ensure signage for park is changed according to upcoming events.
• During day of event; assist with production load in and load out and coordinating stage hands and vendor locations ensuring all vendors have required electricity and needs are met.
• Advance and liaison with artist management and determine needs of the artist prior and during the event.
• Ensure production and customer service standards are met.
• Oversees the general maintenance and safe operation of the facility and researches and makes recommendations on repairs and replacements.
• Maintains up to date knowledge of facilities emergency procedures and safety guidelines.
• Oversees venue lock up and security procedures.
• Verify and confirm all deliveries of beverages, snacks, and equipment. Organize inventory by shipment date.
• Confirm Volunteer Ambassador collateral, usher materials, and concession supplies are brought out during each event and stored after event neatly.
• Notify Executive Director if any maintenance is needed.
• Complete all end of season tasks including, but not limited to, disassemble front of house tower, store all chairs, tables, sound baffles, and other equipment, take down and organize sponsor banners, coordinate with vendors to remove dumpsters and any other materials left behind, clean out dressing rooms and bring all cold sensitive storage bins to Ives office, and secure all IT equipment.
• Work closely with Executive Director on various projects.
• Additional responsibilities deemed necessary.
• Familiarity with audio, video, lighting and rigging is strongly preferred.
• Knowledge of equipment and methods used in theatrical / concert lighting and sound preferred.
• Must be highly organized, flexible and able to balance multiple competing demands.
• Proven supervisory management experience.
• Excellent time management skills and ability to prioritize work.
• Attention to detail with problem solving skills and high degree of accuracy.
• Must have excellent written and oral communication skills, judgement and initiative.
• Motivated with positive, optimistic approach.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office is required.
• Customer service orientated and negotiation skills.
• Ability to work nights, weekends and holidays a must.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required.
• Two or more years relevant professional work experience required.
Salary commensurate with experience
Seasonal: May – October
Please attach CV, references and brief narrative describing why you are interested in working with the Ives organization to: Phyllis Cortese: firstname.lastname@example.org and Alexis Koukos: email@example.com
|• Job Title:||Technical and Facilities Manager|
|• Job Type:||Contract Job|
|• Employer:||Charles Ives Authority for the Performing Arts|
|• Location:||Danbury, Connecticut, United States|