Full-Time Job Supervising Senior Accountant
The Los Angeles Philharmonic Association is currently seeking a:
Supervising Senior Accountant
Founded in 1919, the Los Angeles Philharmonic Association’s mission is to perform, present, and promote music in its varied forms at the highest level of excellence to a diverse and large audience, both at the Walt Disney Concert Hall and the Hollywood Bowl. The Los Angeles Philharmonic Association is dedicated to continuing its pre-eminent status in the music world of the 21st century.
The Supervising Senior Accountant is responsible for tracking all financial transactions from Hollywood Bowl ticket sales, cash receipts and lease events. In addition, he/she maintains the accounting for the Association’s fixed asset and capital projects as well as providing account analysis and special project support. The Supervising Senior Accountant be available to work evenings and weekends on lease event performances and during the Hollywood Bowl summer season as necessary.
• Fixed Asset and Capital Project Management
• Maintain fixed asset sub-ledger and prepare monthly depreciation
• Prepare lease event settlements and maintain all associated account records
• Prepare government reimbursement request and compliance reporting relating to HB improvement and capital project
• Prepare annual County Park & Recreation reports and billing statements
• Track and verify incoming funds (cash, checks, charges) related to ticket sales, enter data into computer system and prepare daily deposit to appropriate bank accounts. In addition to ticket sales, this includes the Bowl retail store, parking, cushion sales, merchandise and program sales at the Hollywood Bowl.
• Generate month-end report recapping all deposits transmitted by Tessitura to our bank.
• Oversee collections on returned items and disputed charges; personal supervision of each chargeback and of returned checks; responsible for the creation of individual collection letters and for contact with the credit card processing bank; responsible for the continuing collection procedures to reverse debits.
• As required, schedule armored car pick-up service for Box Offices; approve invoices as received from service contract company; reverse incorrect charges; coordinate special cash deliveries to WDCH Office and HB Box Offices.
• As required, coordinate with Artist Liaison to meet cash needs as specified in artists’ contracts.
• Make same day deposits to vault account; help balance vault account with accounting department; watch over security of cash on hand awaiting deposit.
• As required, order supplies/equipment necessary for vault area.
• Interview, select, and train four assistants as needed with personal contact and supervision daily.
• Prepare account reconciliations and performing troubleshooting accounting analysis as assigned by the Controller or Assistant Controller
• Other duties as needed.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business Administration
• Three to five years of accounting work experience, preferably but not required, from non-profit organization
• Fixed Asset background and experience, preferred
• Proficient in Microsoft software including word and excel (intermediate level)
• Experience with Great Plains (preferred) or other accounting software
• Must be well organized and detail oriented
• Knowledge of collection procedures.
• Solid writing and oral communication skills
• Strong problem solving abilities
• Ability to work quickly and accurately under deadline pressure.
• Must be available to work evenings and weekends on lease event performances and during the Hollywood Bowl summer season as necessary.
How to apply:
Complete the online application by copying and pasting website to URL:
• Complete the application with all pertinent information.
• At the end of the application, a confirmation page will appear when your submission has been successfully completed.
|• Job Title:||Supervising Senior Accountant|
|• Job Type:||Full-Time Job|
|• Employer:||Los Angeles Philharmonic Association|
|• Location:||Los Angeles, California, United States|