Part-Time Job Special Events Assistant
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Caramoor Center for Music and the Arts, Inc.
Position Title: Special Events Assistant
Position Overview: The Special Events Assistant assists with the management and coordination of the company’s extensive calendar of year round special events and hospitality, as well as serves as the point-person for outside facility rentals.
Key Responsibilities: Special Events Assistant, Facility Rentals
Reports to: Director of Special Events
• Provides onsite support during events;
• Assists in managing and maintaining all events files, including project timelines, marketing collateral, vendor contracts, guest lists, event volunteer lists, sponsor prospects lists, etc.;
• Maintains responses and commitments for all fundraising events utilizing Excel and Raiser’s Edge/Events Module;
• Acts as the point person leading up to and on day of select events between staff and vendors;
• Serves as point of contact for facility rental inquiries and provides general information, tracks bookings, and provides facility guidelines as well as gives guided tours as needed;
• Assists with the production of non-revenue generating events such as:
• Cultivation Dinners and Stewardship Events, hosted by trustees and donors,
• Rosen Society Dinner, Friends’ Garden Party, Intermissions, and Post-concert Receptions, and
• All-audience Afterglows, Symphony Court, and other hospitality related functions;
• Assists with the maintenance of the master calendar of company’s hospitality services required throughout the year;
• Assists with relationship management with caterers and all event vendors and acts as a liaison for purposes of event planning;
• Supports post-production tasks such as event follow up, thank you letters, and final income/expense reconciliation; and
• Other duties as assigned.
This is a part-time position. The position will average 30 hours per week, with more hours scheduled during spring and summer peak seasons. This position requires regular weekend and evening work. General schedule will be Tuesday through Friday.
• Must be able to work evenings and weekends, as needed.
• Must be able to lift 25lbs.
• Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 2 years of experience in event planning and/or fundraising in a nonprofit setting.
• Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills.
• Strong problem-solving and project management skills.
• Team player and self-starter who can display grace under pressure.
• Proficient skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook; Raiser’s Edge experience a plus.
How to apply:
Cover letters and resumes may be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org unless otherwise noted. No phone calls, please.
|• Job Title:||Special Events Assistant|
|• Job Type:||Part-Time Job|
|• Employer:||Caramoor Center for Music and the Arts|
|• Location:||Katonah, New York, United States|