Contract Singing Voice Teacher
Performers Career Center is now accepting applications for the following faculty position(s):
APPRENTICE Singing Voice Instructor (contemporary voice)
Description: “An excellent position for new or moderately-experienced singing voice instructors to build up experience at a respected institution while earning a paycheck. Primary instruction will be focused on NOVICE-LEVEL students.”
Repertoire: Contemporary (Pop/Rock/Country/R&B) | Musical Theatre | Jazz Standards
Pay Rate: $35 p/hour
The instructor will receive ongoing voice lessons and teacher training from the Creative Director and be eligible for promotion to ASSOCIATE FACULTY after completion of requisite training and teaching hours. This position includes pay raises and additional perks.
PREREQUISITES AND QUALIFICATIONS
Interested applicants, please read the minimum prerequisites CAREFULLY below. If you do not fit the following requirements, please do not apply:
1. Bachelors of Music (M.M. preferred) in your respective instrument from an accredited and field-respected conservatory or university program. (Current graduate students are encouraged to apply!)
2. A masterful level of proficiency in your primary instrument
3. SIGNIFICANT PROFICIENCY in PIANO (SIGHT-READING and TECHNIQUE – you will be accompanying your students). Piano faculty positions available for especially strong candidates.
4. Teaching experience in either a major conservatory or university program or in an ongoing private studio program for more than three years
5. Significant knowledge of repertoire in your primary genre
6. Significant professional stage experience(resume required)
7. A positive and perpetually-optimistic attitude
8. Willingness to learn new concepts and train adaptive pedagogy with the Creative Director
9. Ability to produce two (2) studio recitals per calendar year**
10. Flexible hours with potential availability on weekends and weekday evenings
Upon hiring, all private studio instructors will be presented with a probationary roster. This roster will be expanded based on studio demand. Contract bonuses are available for student retention and studio promotion. Hired faculty members may teach their current private students in PCC facilities.
Interested applicants please submit a current performance HEADSHOT, PERFORMANCE RESUME, TEACHING RESUME (or C.V.) and COVER LETTER to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put TEACHING POSITION in the subject line followed by your desired position. Please DO NOT CALL about this position. Only applicants who submit all four items requested above will be considered for an interview. Performers Career Center is an equal-opportunity employer.
|• Job Title:||Singing Voice Teacher|
|• Job Type:||Contract Job|
|• Employer:||Performers Career Center|
|• Location:||New York, New York, United States|
Apply for this Job