Full-Time Job Shop Foreman
POSITION SUMMARY: The Shop Foreman is expected to manage the day to day operations of the Scene Shop and assist the Technical Director in the on time completion of all Scenic Requirements.
Oversee all shop staff safety training and maintain a safe and clean working environment
Manage the daily operations and maintenance of the scene shop
Serves as lead stage automation mechanic.
Responsible for creation of build schedules and labor estimates and maintaining the shop schedule under the direction of the Technical Director
Responsible for on time completion of scenery construction
Responsible for reporting and or repairing any maintenance necessary on any shop equipment
Understanding and explanation of Shop Drawings and how they relate to the finished product.
Communicate issues that arise in the Shop to the Technical Director
Serves as mentor and trainer and educator for all scene shop staff.
Required to assist in the acquisition of scenic materials and equipment and responsible for material inventory and Materials Holding tracking.
Shop Foreman acts as Technical Director in the absence of the Technical Director, and Assistant Technical Director, Leading load-ins and work calls as necessary.
• Builds Collaborative Relationships
• Develops Talent and Teams
• Manages Through Processes and Systems
• Solves Problems Resourcefully
• Deals with Change Effectively
Assist with the coordination of Scenery, Stage Operations, A/V, and Lighting Departments with the Technical Director and assists other departments as necessary.
Required to attend technical rehearsals when needed and on call during tech weekend.
All work is performed with a direct reflection of the Mission, Vision and Values of ZACH Theatre.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
• Ability to lift, push, pull or otherwise maneuver up to 70 lbs repeatedly, either alone or with assistance.
• Comfortable working on ladders, mechanical lifts or other high places.
• Comfortable working in confined spaces.
• Required to work nights and weekends when needed.
• Comfortable with rigging, mechanics and automation.
EDUCATION, LICENSURE, CERTIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor Degree in Technical Theatre or a combination of education and work experience that yields the required skills and abilities.
Minimum 3 years’ experience in a regional theatre.
Fork lift operation
Rigging Certification preferred.
Extensive Experience and training with Stage Automation
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Demonstrated planning and organizational skills to set priorities, meet deadlines, manage personnel, projects and multitask.
• Ability to efficiently use and navigate MS Office, AutoCAD, Google Apps/ Web based Services
• Excellent punctuality and attention to detail is required.
• Ability to work independently or as part of a team
• Ability to interact with all levels of the organization orally and in writing
• Demonstrated understanding of advanced theatrical scenery construction techniques in woodworking and metal working.
• Demonstrated advanced knowledge of theatrical rigging and stage automation.
• Demonstrated knowledge of AC and DC power supplies including single and three phase.
• Ability to manage strong personalities.
• Ability to assess and problem solve issues in the scene shop.
• Driver’s License and the ability to operate a forklift, drive a cargo van and 24’ box truck.
Qualified Candidates- please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
|• Job Title:||Shop Foreman|
|• Job Type:||Full-Time Job|
|• Employer:||ZACH Theatre|
|• Location:||Austin, Texas, United States|