Full-Time Job Scenic Carpenter
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
ZACH Theatre believes that diverse ideas, cultures, and traditions reflect our community and enhance our insights into the work we present on stage. We are committed to diversity and inclusivity in all areas of our work, including play selection, casting, marketing and public relations efforts, education programs, strategic recruitment of staff, artisans, technicians, and volunteers, and the composition of the Board of Trustees.
POSITION SUMMARY: To construct scenery and set pieces in accordance with plans provided by technical management; includes carpentry, welding, work with plastics, fabrics or other materials.
• Construct scenery and set pieces as instructed by the Technical Director, ATD, or Shop Foremen.
• Lead crew on specific projects or operations without direct supervision.
• Install scenery on stage including mechanically moving pieces, stationary pieces and flying pieces.
• Prepare area around stage; could include special railings, seat installation, and other duties that could pertain to any specific production.
• Participate in strike of set at end of the performance run.
• Assist other departments as time and production allow
• Cleaning up after specific duties are performed, and assist in cleaning up after the entire carpentry crew
• Broad knowledge of carpentry tools and techniques.
• Broad knowledge of Metal working tools and techniques.
• Broad knowledge of rigging hardware and application.
• Ability to understand construction drawings and execute them.
• Ability to work as a team member and maintain a positive attitude in times of stress
• Ability to work independently or as part of a team
Special Events: Works with Technical Director and ATD in the scheduling, logistics and technical requirements of company events.
Rental Program: Support technical needs of the facility rental program
All work is performed with a direct reflection of the Mission, Vision and Values of ZACH Theatre.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Ability to lift, push, pull or otherwise maneuver up to 70 lbs repeatedly, either alone or with assistance.
Comfortable working on ladders, mechanical lifts or other high places.
Comfortable working in confined spaces.
EDUCATION, LICENSURE, CERTIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
2 Years Professional Carpentry, Welding, or combination of education and work experience that yields the required skills and abilities.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Basic knowledge of foam material and how to work with them.
• Ability to prioritize projects in order to assure completion as scheduled
• Basic understanding of geometric and mathematic principals
• Knowledge of a wide variety of hand, power, and industrial tools
• Knowledge of PPE, and commonly used safety equipment
• Ability to maintain a safe working environment
Qualified applicants should submit resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
|• Job Title:||Scenic Carpenter|
|• Job Type:||Full-Time Job|
|• Employer:||ZACH Theatre|
|• Location:||Austin, Texas, United States|