Part-Time Job Scenic Carpenter
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Located 45 minutes west of Pittsburgh in Midland, PA and founded in 2006, Lincoln Park Performing Arts Center produces an 8-show subscription season in addition to hosting many other events including instrumental and vocal concerts, dance, touring acts, and community events. The center house two theaters; our 750-seat MainStage Theater (proscenium) and the 175-seat Studio Theater (black box.) With a strong focus on education, the Center also houses the Lincoln Park Performing Arts Charter School. This 7-12 school has close to 800 students and offers 6 different majors including dance, theater, music, media arts, literary arts, and health science and the arts.
Lincoln Park Performing Arts Center seeks an experienced and motivated carpenter/welder to join its part time, year-round, scene shop staff. The Center works year-round to produce an 8 show subscription series.
Candidates must have BA in Theatre Production or comparable professional experience with excellent layout and construction skills. Candidates must exhibit excellent time-management skills and be willing and able to work collaboratively with others. Pay is hourly and commensurate with experience.
• Excellent technical skills, scenic construction techniques, scenic paint treatments, and rigging
• Ability to multi-task and work with deadlines. Must have ability to plan projects and adhere to schedules
• Ability to remain calm and productive in difficult situations demonstrating good “people skills” and a sense of humor
• Confidently operate a CNC machine
• Skilled welder
• Proficient with SketchUp or other comparable drafting software a plus
• Experience in a supervisory position and leading crew calls a plus
• Experience in safe usage of a counterweight fly system and soft goods handling
• Clear and effective verbal and written communication skills
• The successful candidate will have a thorough knowledge of standard theatrical practices, comfort with ladders and working from heights, able to lift and carry at least 80lbs, and feel comfortable operating a scissor lift and box truck
• Ability to work long hours, i.e. a 40 hour week plus weekends and evenings, as necessary during technical rehearsals when needed
• Ability to maintain a clean and safe work space
• Ability to drive a car and have clean driving record. Must have valid driver’s license
• Professional experience that demonstrates proven ability to perform the job responsibilities outlined above
• Candidates MUST be able to pass a background check.
• Please email resume and cover letter to Maria Scheller, Production Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org
|• Job Title:||Scenic Carpenter|
|• Job Type:||Part-Time Job|
|• Employer:||Lincoln Park Performing Arts Center|
|• Location:||Midland, Pennsylvania, United States|