Full-Time Job Scene Shop Foreperson
The Scene Shop Foreperson is the principal liaison between the Technical Assistant, student carpenters, crew members, and Technical Direction Team. The Shop Foreperson specifically assigns project work on each production. The Shop Foreperson’s work on the shop floor and on stage functions as a model, exemplifying expected standards for quality and safety.
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES
• Supervise work study, first year crews and production assignment crews.
• Assist in planning, construction and quality of scenic elements and projects.
• Assist faculty and staff in instructing students about techniques, concepts and strategies of theatrical construction.
• Participate in load-ins, maintenance and strikes of all scenic elements.
• Identify and prioritize maintenance and repair in shop spaces, tools, systems and infrastructure.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Minimum requirements: B.A. plus 3 years experience as Shop Foreman.
An additional 2 years experience without a B.A. is acceptable.
• Valid driver’s license.
• Professional experience in carpentry, metalwork and sewing.
• Routinely lift more than 50 lbs.
• Requires working overtime depending on the deadlines of the productions.
• Works weekends and evenings dependent on the schedule of the production load-ins and strikes.
To apply please go online to:
and search for job # 2569.
|• Job Title:||Scene Shop Foreperson|
|• Job Type:||Full-Time Job|
|• Employer:||The Theatre School at DePaul University|
|• Location:||Chicago, Illinois, United States|