Full-Time Job Registrar-Manager
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
The Registrar/Gallery Manager is responsible for maintaining the comprehensive digital database; managing and packing incoming and outgoing shipments, consignments, and loans both domestically and abroad; liaising in this regard, with shippers, museums, clients, and other galleries; responsible for all packing, transportation; managing exhibition and fair preparation and installation.
This individual will assist the owner with all day-to-day operations of a busy gallery.
– The successful candidate must have previously held a similar position at a gallery/museum or in a related field for at least three years.
– Must hold a minimum of a bachelor’s degree
– Excellent organizational skills, ability to multi-task and prioritize and capacity to meet deadlines
– Excellent skills with handling all aspects of installing, packing and shipping fragile works of art
– Familiarity with Mac computers and experience with database management, scanners, Photoshop, InDesign and digital cameras
– Willingness to assist other staff members with various projects when needed with a helpful and cheerful demeanor
This is a full-time position, Monday through Friday, with occasional evening and weekends required for exhibitions and art fairs.
Applicant must be available for an immediate start date. Salary commensurate with experience; benefits offered. To apply, please email a resume with a cover letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include your name and position title in the subject line.
Please note only candidates of interest will be contacted.
No phone calls or walk-ins please.
|• Job Title:||Registrar-Manager|
|• Job Type:||Full-Time Job|
|• Employer:||Joan B Mirviss LTD|
|• Location:||New York, New York, United States|