Part-Time Job Publicity Assistant
The Los Angeles Philharmonic Association is currently seeking a:
Seasonal Publicity Assistant
Founded in 1919, the Los Angeles Philharmonic Association’s mission is to perform, present, and promote music in its varied forms at the highest level of excellence to a diverse and large audience, both at the Walt Disney Concert Hall and the Hollywood Bowl. The Los Angeles Philharmonic Association is dedicated to continuing its pre-eminent status in the music world of the 21st century.
Summary of the Position:
The Seasonal Publicity Assistant will help the Los Angeles Philharmonic Public Relations team publicize the Hollywood Bowl 2017 summer season, and may also help publicize the 2017/18 winter season at Walt Disney Concert Hall. The Publicity Assistant will learn the basics of public relations at one of Los Angeles’ largest non-profit organizations, and two of the world’s most iconic live music venues.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The primary responsibilities will be to assist the Public Relations department with administrative tasks, support publicity campaigns and outreach, and assist onsite at the Hollywood Bowl for duties pertaining to various publicity initiatives.
These duties and responsibilities include:
• Writing of press releases and other press materials
• Coordinating distribution of above materials to various local, national, and international media outlets
• Onsite concert duty, including press ticket distribution and escorting news cameras
• Distributing and maintaining record of press clippings
• Database and artist file maintenance
• Coordinating photo distribution to media outlets
• Assist in creatively pitching story ideas to relevant news outlets
• Assist with press ticket allocation
The Seasonal Publicity Assistant will be required to work at two locations: Walt Disney Concert Hall and the Hollywood Bowl.
There is one, full-time seasonal position available. It is a paid position, at $12.00 per hour, 40 hours per week. Since the position will involve activity between the Walt Disney Concert Hall and Hollywood Bowl sites, we ask that you have a clean driving record and access to reliable transportation due to the commute between the 2 venues. We will reimburse your mileage for travel between the two sites during the regular course of business and cover your parking at both sites. The ideal applicants will be available to start on Monday June 12 through to the end of September.
• Strong organizational, communication, writing and social skills
• Clean driving record and access to reliable transportation
• Ability to manage multiple tasks
• Have an interest and/or knowledge of music/performing arts
• This is an ideal position for a journalism, communications, marketing/PR, or arts administration major
• Night/weekend work is required
• 1 full-time seasonal position available, $12.00 per hour, 40 hours per week
• Position will run June through September
How to apply:
Complete the online application by copying and pasting website to URL
• Complete the application with all pertinent information
• At the end of the application, a confirmation page will appear when you have submitted your application.
|• Job Title:||Publicity Assistant|
|• Job Type:||Part-Time Job|
|• Employer:||Los Angeles Philharmonic Association|
|• Location:||Los Angeles, California, United States|