Full-Time Job Public Art Project Manager
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
The Rose Kennedy Greenway Conservancy is seeking a highly motivated and reliable individual for a full-time position as Public Art Project Manager. This is an opportunity to join a dynamic, award-winning organization and help contribute to the sustainability of a premier public space.
The Public Art Project Manager manages assigned public art projects under the supervision of the Public Art Curator. This includes coordination of artist selection, project meetings and events, payment processing, and contract administration. The Project Manager works with Greenway staff, artists, contractors, and vendors to facilitate the construction and installation of temporary public artworks and to ensure projects are completed/installed within set budgets and timelines. He or she will research issues and provide technical assistance related to public art projects. The Project Manager also participates in a variety of Greenway programs and contributes to initiatives and related tasks both within and outside the Public Art Department.
● Help define scopes of work, develop criteria for projects, and select artists.
● Process artist contracts, assist in project documentation and filing.
● Initiate and cultivate communication among artists, cultural partners, project managers, project architects, and others throughout the project process.
● Manage and track project expenditures.
● Confer with artists throughout the design, development, fabrication, and installation
phases of a project and resolve related issues as they arise.
● Assist with developing, implementing, and assessing policies and procedures for the
Public Art Program.
● Prepare information and materials for meetings related to Greenway Curatorial
Committee and Board, Boston Arts Commission, and others.
● Assist in all aspects of installation/de-installation of artworks on The Greenway.
● Assist with program documentation and archiving.
● Schedule and coordinate internal and external meetings.
● Perform other duties as assigned by the Public Art Curator.
Skills and qualifications
● Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Art, Art History, Art Administration, Architecture, Urban Design, Construction Management or related fields.
● 2-4 years public art or design-related project management experience. Nonprofit or
government experience helpful.
● Ability to manage multiple projects effectively and meet deadlines in a fast-paced
● Ability to communicate effectively and interact professionally with all levels of staff,
community representatives, and artists.
● Knowledge of artistic disciplines/media, visual art and architectural trends, and
architectural construction terms.
● Knowledge of MS Office (or Google platforms) required.
● Experience working in Adobe Illustrator and PhotoShop.
● Results-oriented; collaborative; likes a varied and frequently changing environment;
flexible; calm under pressure; good sense of humor and fun.
● Committed to the mission of The Greenway.
● Work hours are Monday through Friday, but flexibility is required to accommodate
evening and weekend responsibilities.
● Coordination work will generally take place indoors but the position will require time in the park for artwork installation, de-installation, maintenance, and other activities.
● The role will require occasional lifting, carrying, setup, and cleanup of materials.
● Please email one-page cover letter, resume, and 3 references to
jobs@RoseKennedyGreenway.org with “Public Art Project Manager application” in the
subject line. Each file name should begin with applicant’s last name.
● No phone calls, please.
|• Job Title:||Public Art Project Manager|
|• Job Type:||Full-Time Job|
|• Employer:||Rose Fitzgerald Kennedy Greenway|
|• Location:||Boston, Massachusetts, United States|