Full-Time Job Project Administrator – Architecture
KieranTimberlake is seeking a Project Administrator to join our office. Composed of nearly 120 professionals with diverse backgrounds and abilities, our design practice is recognized worldwide. With equal emphasis placed on research and the built environment, our projects include the programming, planning, and design of master plans and new buildings as well as the conservation and renovation of existing buildings. We have special expertise in education, government, arts and culture, civic, and residential projects, but common to all our work is the principle that each project begins with a question and continues its development within a culture of research. By ensuring that design results from deep investigation, our transdisciplinary design process inspires creativity and fosters a culture of sharing ideas, knowledge, and techniques.
The Project Administrator provides administrative support to the firm’s Partners, Associates, and architectural staff. Working closely with one or more architectural project teams, the Project Administrator helps the design staff work more efficiently by assisting with project communications, routing information, tracking project expenses, filing, and printing. Additional responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
• Attending project kick-off meetings
• Creating and maintaining team directories, project websites on the firm’s intranet, and physical and electronic project files
• Drafting and circulating contracts among the design teams’ consultants and vendors
• Helping Associates review and track consultant invoices and expenses
• Preparing, printing, and circulating contract deliverables including specifications, schedules, and reports
• Printing and shipping drawing and specification sets
• Scheduling team meetings and maintaining project calendars in Outlook
• Drafting agendas for design reviews, office meetings, and consultant and client meetings
• Assisting with meeting setup and hospitality
• Assisting architectural staff with correspondence, transmittals, and meeting minutes
• Creating a monthly assessment of project hours for submission to the Business Manager
• Creating and maintaining progress logs to track RFIs, submittals, and other communications during the construction phase
• Archiving files following a project’s completion
• Arranging deliveries and returns from an off-site archive storage facility
• Managing the firm and Partners’ license applications, continuing education, and license renewals
• Performing other administrative tasks as assigned
The successful candidate will be a self-motivated individual with the ability to multitask and work efficiently toward deadlines in a fast-paced environment. Candidates must have excellent written, verbal, and organizational skills and must also demonstrate a high level of precision and consistency in their work. The position requires collaborating with various team members as well as the ability to think critically and problem solve independently. Central to this role is the willingness to accommodate and be flexible to a wide range of requests from project teams throughout all phases of design in order to successfully support their administrative needs. 2-5 years of professional experience in a similar position is required, as is expertise in Outlook and Microsoft Office Suite. Knowledge of construction administration means and methods, including various types of construction administration software, is preferred.
How to apply
Interested applicants should send an email attachment containing a current resume including references, as well as a cover indicating interest in the position and relevant qualifications. Additionally, please indicate where you saw this job posting.
All materials should be formatted as a PDF and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Project Administrator” in the subject field. The total size of the attached file(s) cannot exceed 5 MB.
This position reports to the Partners and Associates of the firm. Salary is commensurate with education level, professional experience, and demonstrated knowledge, but a competitive benefits package including medical, prescription, dental, vision, and life will be offered. Due to the volume of interested applicants, we are not able to respond to telephone inquiries.
KieranTimberlake is an equal-opportunity employer.
|• Job Title:||Project Administrator – Architecture|
|• Job Type:||Full-Time Job|
|• Location:||Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States|