Part-Time Job Programs Assistant
• Part Time Permanent job.
Founded in 1911, the College Art Association (CAA) is the preeminent international leadership organization in the visual arts, promoting the field through intellectual engagement, advocacy, programs and a commitment to the diversity of practices and practitioners. Each year, CAA offers an Annual Conference, publishes two scholarly journals and offers a variety of other programs. Visit CollegeArt.org for a complete description of programs and offerings.
CAA has more than 9,000 members worldwide. The majority of members are curators, art historians, scholars, visual artists and designers.
• Assists with data entry support, detailed record keeping, database document production, and producing reports.
• Assists with the coordination of the scheduling of the CAA conference sessions and events. This includes, but is not limited to, data entry, preparing spreadsheets, proof reading, and creating reports. Communicates with CAA departments on conference details as requested.
• Corresponds with conference participants, service providers, book and trade fair exhibitors, and general membership on conference-related matters.
• Provides internet research to source prospects for the CAA conference book and trade fair and college and university network hall.
• Prepare mailings sent to conference participants, exhibitors, advertisers, jurors, committee members, and volunteers. Document production and photo-copying.
• Assist with the development of all conference publications.
• Assists with the coordination of temporary conference staff including, scheduling, correspondence, and training.
• Provides on-site conference support, including but not limited to assisting with all aspects of conference logistics, checking set-up arrangements, posting signs, and providing hospitality as needed.
• Staffs Speaker Ready Room during the conference providing assistance to conference presenters and chairs as needed.
• Provides post-conference support including compiling and summarizing event statistics.
• Assists with financial recording keeping, including but not limited to, processing purchase orders and transactions, creating invoices, tracking expenses, and preparing ledgers and reconciliation reports.
• Provides research and creates reports.
• Assists with the Affiliated Society program.
• Performs various administrative and clerical duties for the Director of Programs and Publications.
• Minimum B.A., preferably in the visual arts, art history or related field.
• Ability to work independently, organize work, and follow through on details.
• Experience with spreadsheets, systems and database management, and generally accepted programs and office equipment required.
• Excellent writing and editing skills and oral communication.
• Excellent customer services skills. Pleasant demeanor. Ability to remain poised under pressure.
• Flexibility, creativity, and initiative.
• Should possess tact, discretion, and the ability to work confidentially.
• The ability and willingness to work on-site at annual conference as well as hours outside typical business day, as needed.
The College Art Association is an equal opportunity employer and considers all candidates for employment regardless of race, color, sex, age, national origin, creed, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender expression or political affiliation.
|• Job Title:||Programs Assistant|
|• Job Type:||Part-Time Job|
|• Employer:||College Art Association|
|• Location:||New York, New York, United States|