Contract Production Manager
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Employer: Fiorello H. LaGuardia High School of Music & Art and Performing Arts
Job Title: Production Manager
Location: 100 Amsterdam, New York, NY 10023
Employment Type: Full-Time Consultant
Employment Length: Late August thru June (annually)
Position Summary: The Production Manager assists in carrying out the mission, vision and values of LaGuardia High School through the production and coordination of house and rental events in the Concert Hall, Little Flower Theater and auxiliary spaces.
Reports to: School Principal and School Business Manager
Key Relationships: Works closely with school administrators, instructional staff, students, and custodial staff to ensure that over 85 school events and productions are executed efficiently.
• Arrange, facilitate & when appropriate implement all technical needs for the events in all LaGuardia High School venues.
• Advance all technical requirements for events including budgeting, scheduling, load-in/out, submit over hire stage hand payroll.
• Serve as house manager and/or site coordinator as needed for events at LaGuardia High School.
• Provide technical services and professional expertise in the installation and use of sound, lighting, projection and set equipment for venues.
• As needed, hire stage manager, electrics crew, sound crew, and stage hands for events at LaGuardia High School.
• Facilitate and when appropriate implement installation of band shells, choral risers and dance floors.
• Supervise and update all technical inventories for the venues.
• Produce stagehand schedule and call list.
• Supervise student and professional labor.
• Order necessary show related equipment or services from outside vendors.
• Run and deliver equipment as necessary for meetings and other events.
• Maintain cleanliness of theaters.
• Maintain and facilitate all equipment inspections.
• Repair and replace theater seats, work lights and aisle lights.
• Ensure that production supplies are stocked to efficiently operate the theaters.
• Ensure that equipment is in good working order and facilitate the repair or replacement as needed
• Ensure proper safety practices and procedures are followed.
• Enforces established theater policies (safety, cleanliness, general rules, etc.).
• Serves as representative to clients during their use of the venues.
• Maintains fiduciary responsibilities for production
• Professionally represent LaGuardia High School at all times.
• Attend various organizational and school meetings.
• Print and plot all production paperwork including light plots, scenic drafting’s, and hookups utilizing Auto Cad, Vector Works, and Lightwright.
• Display and organize all school and performance related advertising posters on site.
• Work professionally with all departments, Administration, Drama/Technical Theater, Dance, Music, Art, IT and Custodial Departments in an efficient manner
• Complete all other duties as assigned.
• BFA diploma required in a technical theater degree.
• Five to seven years’ experience in technical theater or producing live events.
• Five to seven years’ experience in working with audio visual, sound and lighting, and scenic equipment.
• Strong background in all disciplines of technical theater (especially electrics, projections and sound)
• Ability to run sound console Yamaha M7cl and ETC ION lighting computer (or equivalent)
• Expertise in theatrical electrics, live sound and playback, and theatrical projections
• Ability to Maintain Kliegl theater dimming system
• Expertise in DMX control and fixture patching for LED and Moving Lights
• Ability to understand conversions between AMX and DMX lighting control systems
• Knowledge of theatrical rigging and systems.
• Ability to operate office equipment such as copier, fax machine, telephone, computer and printers.
• Ability to understand contracts and policies
• Ability to lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
• Ability to operate software such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Auto CAD, Vectorworks, Lightwright, CueLab, Powerpoint, and Keynote.
• Ability to work evenings and weekends.
• Ability to walk, stand or sit for prolonged periods of time.
• Ability to bend, stoop, kneel, and crawl.
• Ability to work at heights on scaffolding and ladders.
Cover letter and resume must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org
|• Job Title:||Production Manager|
|• Job Type:||Contract Job|
|• Employer:||High School of Music & Art and Performing Arts|
|• Location:||New York, New York, United States|
Apply for this Job