Full-Time Production Manager
• Production Manager
• Department of Dance
The Williams College Department of Dance seeks a Production Manager to collaborate with faculty, staff and students to maintain an environment that supports learning and creativity.
This is a full-time, 10 month, regular appointment, reporting to the Chair of the Dance Department.
We are looking for a candidate who will bring their fresh perspective to a highly functioning team, someone who can be an active presence in the artistic and technical processes. This is a hands-on position that involves some nights and weekends, including 5 fully produced shows a year. The Production Manager will guide the department in effective practices for planning and executing productions, department events including production meetings, conferences, technical rehearsals, and performances.
• Work with department ensemble directors and guest artists in creating new works, restaging repertoire, and collaborating with other entities. This work takes place in the spaces of the Center for Theatre and Dance as well as in locations outside the building.
• Work with department production staff and professional designers to implement production as well as train and mentor the student crews for department performances.
• Act as liaison between ensemble directors and production staff and designers.
• Support faculty, guest artists, and students with production related class needs.
• Coordinate with Center for Theatre and Dance (CTD) Operations Manager to schedule venues for performances, rehearsals, and work calls. Also work with Operations Manager to maintain safe working environment in spaces, conforming with all relevant life safety codes and regulations.
• Work with other CTD staff to support non-departmental, student dance groups in performance in CTD.
• Maintain production budget for Dance Department productions.
• Bachelor’s Degree required.
• Experience working with dancers and knowledge of the field of Dance a must, minimum of 3-5 years of applicable experience. Experience in education an asset.
• Experience in production areas of lighting, sound, media, costuming, hair/makeup, properties, scenery, theatrical equipment/systems assets for the position.
• Excellent organizational skills, computer skills, thorough problem avoidance and solving skills, and strong interpersonal communication skills.
• Valid Driver’s License
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive community and strongly encourage candidates from underrepresented groups to apply.
Review of resumes will begin immediately and will continue until position is filled. For optimal consideration, please submit materials by January 15, 2018. Job Group 3-A.
Employment at Williams is contingent on the verification of background information submitted by the applicant, including the completion of a criminal record check, and education when applicable.
To apply for this position, please visit staff-careers.williams.edu
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us via phone at (413) 597-4247 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Williams College is a liberal arts institution located in western Massachusetts, with access to the culturally rich cities of Albany, Boston, and New York City. The college has built its reputation on outstanding teaching and scholarship and on the academic excellence of its students. Williams is committed to building and supporting a diverse population of approximately 2,000 students, and to fostering an inclusive faculty, staff and curriculum. Please visit the Williams College website (http://www.williams.edu).
Beyond meeting fully its legal obligations for non-discrimination, Williams College is committed to building a diverse and inclusive community where members from all backgrounds can live, learn and thrive.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/zpn3zw9hj5f3smvq
Apply for this Job