Part-Time Production Manager
The production manager is the general facilitator and coordinator for the Eugene Opera for all matters involving productions and the planning/realization thereof. The production manager’s primary function is to ensure all aspects of a production interface seamlessly. The production manager must be budget conscious and mindful of the artistic quality of the production.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Regularly meet with, Executive and Artistic, Directors to be informed on upcoming projects and planning.
• Advise on technical and production related subjects as they impact projects.
• Facilitate information sharing between technical and artistic staff.
• Evaluate the technical/production requirements of proposed projects in consultation with technical staff and advise directorship.
• Create and manage production budgets in coordination with the Executive Director.
• Obtain information for rentals as needed.
• Create Production Calendar for each production.
• Coordinate directors, designers, and production staff for meetings as needed.
• Direct or facilitate any necessary shipping of materials (incoming and outgoing).
• Manage and control the production budget as set, working within set financial systems, and in coordination with Executive Director.
• Work with Technical Director on production design and building as needed.
• Advise on all needed technical and production personnel needed for each production.
• Obtain venues as needed for staging rehearsals.
• Coordinate, facilitate or obtain any needed rental equipment and any other production requirements.
• Coordinate production requirements with venues, and logistics as needed to include staffing for productions.
• Ensure that the realization of designs meets designer and director intentions within budget parameters.
• Work with stage management to coordinate rehearsal room set-up and needs.
• Create and disseminate load-in, technical work, and load-out schedules for rehearsal and performance spaces.
• Supervise load-in and load-out as needed.
• Professional and/or scholastic experience in theater, opera, or ballet productions.
• Stage management or technical production experience required.
• Excellent communicator.
• Strong computer skills.
• Interpersonal skills.
• Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Paid hourly. Must remain in Eugene over Christmas/New Year’s holiday.
Email resume and letter describing prior experience and why you are well-suited for the job to Erika Rauer, Executive Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org
No calls please.
Apply for this Job