Freelance Production Manager
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Totem Pole Playhouse, Pennsylvania’s premiere professional summer theatre, located in the spectacular 1,200-acre Caledonia State Park between Gettysburg and Chambersburg, PA, is seeking an experienced Production Manager to oversee and guide the various production departments of this legendary A.E.A./COST Tier 1 summer theatre now entering its 66th award-winning season.
The Production Manager reports directly to the Producing Artistic Director and is in charge of managing all technical aspects of the five-show / 16-week season. The position is seasonal with part-time off-site work starting in February. Full-Time seasonal status runs Early-May through Mid-August.
The Production Manager’s responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Oversees all aspects of production,
• hiring seasonal production staff and interns,
• creating and maintaining the master calendar,
• supervising and attending all changeovers,
• maintaining and tracking production budgets,
• approving department purchasing,
• compiling and managing budgets,
• consulting with Technical Director on build, load-in, strike, and crew needs,
• conducting bi-weekly production meetings,
• serving as principle contact for all designers,
• schedule and monitor building maintenance
• consulting with management on occasional capital projects.
• Broad technical knowledge of theater equipment and its use
• Excellent personal, organizational and communication skills.
• Well-established skills in handling budgets and scheduling.
• Strong supervisory skills and effective teamwork and problem-solving skills
• Knowledge of Actor’s Equity C.O.S.T. rules and regulations
• Knowledge of relevant local, state and federal safety standards and codes
• Ability to motivate, manage and coordinate staff members of varying skill levels.
• Commitment to safe work habits.
• Physical ability to use catwalks, to lift 50lbs and work at heights
• Must have driver’s license and clean driving record
• Prefer at least four years’ experience in technical production of the performing arts
• Bachelor’s degree (BA or BFA) in Technical Theater or the equivalent
|• Job Title:||Production Manager|
|• Job Type:||Freelance Job|
|• Employer:||Totem Pole Playhouse|
|• Location:||Fayetteville, Pennsylvania, United States|
Apply for this Job