Full-Time Job Pre-Production Manager
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Brendan Ravenhill Studio is seeking to hire a Pre-Production Manager to join our growing studio.
The Pre-Production Manager plays a critical role in the operations of the studio. The studio’s success in meeting deadlines, developing new products and hitting design objectives are all reliant on the skills, hustle and intelligence of this team member. Detail oriented to a fault, the position demands an attentive focus and discerning eye. Balanced against this is an ability to work quickly and intelligently, willing to find creative answers to difficult problems and able to affect change through clear and affective communication. They are responsible for inventory logistics, vendor relations, product research and development, and adherence to standards and practices. With their knowledge of parts and systems they contribute to sustainable growth through efficient product development and fiscal responsibility through supply chain management.
• Research vendors, materials, and processes to identify best solutions for overall quality
• Maintain and strengthen existing and future vendor relationships
• Coordinate purchase orders for stock and custom components, as well as reworks, returns and exchanges
• Execute regular fabricator trips to pick-up and/or drop-off components, build drawings, and purchase orders
• Stock and organize inventory shelving per best practices and established guidelines
• Employ Quickbooks Enterprise Inventory to manage inventory and parts flow
• Run weekly inventory reports to assess current stock, shortages, and inventory needs
• Complete weekly Quickbooks Inventory builds for all new orders and update the Build List accordingly
• Meet weekly with Principal, Creative Director, and Production Manager to recap emerging issues
• Spearhead Monday production meeting with status report of stock and custom components
• Support Principal in design development and prototyping
• Take ownership of growth opportunities within Pre-Production including researching and quoting vendors, identify product improvements, and minimize/eliminate component waste/rejects
• Submit weekly recaps for defective components, products, or processes to Director of Operations and spearhead options for ongoing challenges
• Time management skills and ability to meet and exceed pace of rapidly growing production team and studio as a whole
• 1-2 year background in production, design, product development or related field
• Adopt new processes in order to adapt to rapidly growing business needs
• High degree of initiative and ownership
• Expertise in Solidworks , SketchUp, Rhino or other CAD software
• Proficiency with QuickBooks Enterprise, Excel and/or other inventory tracking software
• Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite
• A willingness to learn and take on new challenges
• Familiarity with various fabrication processes including woodworking, metalworking, etc.
Salary: $40000 to $45000
How to APPLY
If this sounds like you please send all applications to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following:
• A cover letter explaining why you want to join Brendan Ravenhill Studio, what drives you creatively and an example of your problem solving skills (this can be a story, an object, anything that demonstrates the way you think and work). We expect a large number of inquiries so use this letter to impress us and let us know why you should be considered.
• Two professional references
• Date you can start
• Compensation requirements
|• Job Title:||Pre-Production Manager|
|• Job Type:||Full-Time Job|
|• Employer:||Brendan Ravenhill Studio|
|• Location:||Los Angeles, California, United States|