Part-Time Job Part Time Managing Director
Animus Theatre Company is currently seeking a part-time Managing Director for its upcoming season.
The Managing Director reports to the Board of Directors and works in partnership with the Artistic Director and Artistic Staff as the Theatre’s executive team. The Managing Director plays an integral role in the development and execution of the organization’s programming, in addition to day-to-day administrative activities, including:
The Managing Director hires and supervises all production staff, recruits and trains all volunteer and intern staff and exercises responsible stewardship of all resources within the organization and collaborates with the Artistic Staff to ensure the optimum balance of artistic quality, financial strength, and institutional integrity.
The Managing Director shall be responsible for the negotiation and execution of all Company contracts; for the acquisition of all Company insurance; and for remittance of yearly federal and New York State taxes. Finally, the Managing Director shall be responsible for all appropriate activity regarding the 501(c)(3) Not-for-Profit status of the Company and/or conjunction with The Field, serving as an umbrella organization thereto.
The Managing Director works with the Artistic Team and the Development team to develop an annual budget, which shall contain provisions for all artistic programing and institutional needs. The Managing Director is responsible for monthly financial reporting, budget performance, forecasting, cash flow projections and maintenance of the accounting systems.
Committees and Interns:
The Managing Director shall be responsible for the organization and staffing of all committees within the Company, and of the recruitment and management of interns. The Managing Director is encouraged to delegate management responsibilities, and shall be ultimately responsible for their contributions.
The ideal candidate will:
– Have a bachelor’s degree and/or experience with a nonprofit or for-profit organization in a management/leadership role. Experience in fundraising, Board relations, marketing and prior experience with a theatre company is highly desirable;
– Have strong business skills and experience in budgeting, and creating long-term budgets and goals, and financial management;
– Demonstrate experience and capacity to lead, manage, motivate, inspire, train and collaborate with staff, artists, Board and volunteers;
– Have the ability to successfully develop and implement long-term strategic and annual tactical plans;
– Be a highly motivated self-starter with strong computer skills and experience with Quickbooks, MS Office and Google Docs.
– Exhibit stamina and a strong work ethic, as well as the flexibility to deal with unpredictable pressures and a variable flow of work activity with a small administrative staff;
– Have a working knowledge of artistic production including intellectual property rights and contracts;
– Have a passion for theatre and the connection between a professional company and its community.
Start Date: ASAP
Please submit an application packet by email comprised of the following:
1. Cover letter
3. Contact information for a minimum of two references.
Application materials should be sent via email to Amy Northup, Associate Artistic Director firstname.lastname@example.org
|• Job Title:||Part Time Managing Director|
|• Job Type:||Part-Time Job|
|• Employer:||Animus Theatre Company|
|• Location:||New York, New York, United States|