Part-Time Part-time (80% FTE) Theatre Tech Teacher
The Technical Theatre program at Galloway is designed to expose students to a broad variety of concepts, media, and techniques.
The Technical Theatre Teacher understands Galloway’s mission to draw students joyfully into learning and oversees a program that is engaging and challenging to students, faculty, and the Galloway Community.
The Technical Theatre Teacher supervises and assists students in a project driven environment, creating programs and lessons that capture student imaginations, encourage creativity and individuality, hone artistry and technique and build a passion for the arts.
In consultation with the Director of Arts and faculty colleagues, the Technical Theatre Teacher is responsible for teaching classes in grades 7 – 12, with the broad view of integrating the Arts in the school curriculum and fostering interactions between the school and the world of the Arts.
The responsibilities include and are not limited to:
● Instructing courses in Technical Theatre
● Create and execute design elements in collaboration with artistic team: set design and construction, sound and lighting design, for 4-5 Theatrical Productions (Middle and Upper Learning), 2-3 Dance Concerts, and additional music concerts.
● Providing leadership and artistic vision for the Technical Theatre department; define programming, curriculum development, and interdisciplinary collaborations to ensure students are engaged in a relevant, challenging, thought provoking learning environment with age appropriate experiences.
● Co-curricular responsibilities include designing and building the theatre season and assisting advanced students with set, lighting, and sound needs of a studio production, maintaining stock, and managing the operations, materials flow and principal design duties for our scene shop.
● Working with the Theatre Team for support and stage management of select productions and share management responsibilities of Theater/Auditorium facilities.
● Collaborating closely with fine art faculty members, the Director of Arts and other school leadership to ensure strong, cooperative relationships and high artistic standards
● Full time employees may be expected to advise students and teach additional elective courses or courses at other levels within the school, as needed.
● Other duties as assigned
Master’s Degree preferred or significant coursework in Technical Theatre
Experience in independent schools at the middle and upper school levels; extensive experience in designing and mounting a broad range of theatrical productions and stage management, and a highly collaborative approach to teaching and learning. Experience with theatrical properties a plus.
● Ability to work with a wide range of abilities.
● Demonstrates a comfort with technology.
● Ability to maintain confidentiality.
● Excellent oral and written communication and presentational skills.
● Demonstrated capability to interface and maintain effective relationships with parents, administration and staff.
Licenses and Certifications:
Specialized Skills and Knowledge:
● Expertise in theatre Tech
● General office and classroom conditions
● Lifting up to 20 pounds, standing, walking, sitting, reaching, operating computer and other office and classroom equipment
How to apply:
Apply for this Job