Full-Time Job OXY Arts Production Manager
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Oxy Arts seeks an experienced, detail-oriented, conscientious Production Manager. This position is accountable for the professional presentation of a wide variety of programs and events, including performances, dance, gallery exhibitions, site-specific performance and contemporary art installations, lectures, meetings, and workshops for Oxy Arts. Events will initially take place on campus, and eventually move to the Oxy Arts York facility. The Production Manager will be a key coordinator and facilitator for the start-up of the Oxy Arts York facility, acting as a key liaison in creating a technical plan for the space.
IMPORTANT: This position will be part-time (10 hours per week) through June 30, 2018 and will become full-time with complete benefits beginning July 1, 2018.
SUMMARY OF DUTIES, RESPONSIBILITIES AND GOALS
The Oxy Arts Production Manager will coordinate with the Director, visiting artists, and Oxy academic and arts departments on the production of Oxy Arts events and programming, and will supervise, or organize supervision of, activities during the events and programming. Please note that through June 30, 2018, the Oxy Arts Production Manager will primarily serve as a key liaison in the planning and preparation for the Oxy Arts facility on York Blvd that will open in fall 2018. Beginning in July 2018 when the position becomes Full Time, the Production Manager will:
• Review and evaluate artist/departmental/community stakeholder technical, and scheduling needs for Oxy Arts Center events and programming; assess and manage technical production needs.
• Collaborate with Director on production and programming budgets
• Create event set-ups per artist specifications, Oxy Arts capabilities, and approved production budget.
• Select and order items for event needs through facilities, or outside vendors, if necessary.
• Hire and supervise student workers and technical/production staff as needed.
• Coordinate technical needs for Oxy Arts events, exhibits and programming, working closely with student workers, technicians, departments and artists to ensure facility equipment such as speakers, amplifiers, mixing board, lighting, etc., are used properly and are well-maintained.
• Set up and operate technical equipment, or coordinate set-up and operation with Post-Bacc Fellow, Director of Oxy Arts, and/or casual labor technical staff.
• Coordinate and oversee installations of visual art exhibitions, events and programming with casual labor/technicians and artists or departments.
• Troubleshoot and resolve problems as needed.
• Experience as a working professional with broad expertise in production and multi-disciplinary arts
• Working knowledge of production scheduling, lighting, sound, rigging and safety
• A working knowledge of producing programs for a cultural organization, with emphasis on music, performing arts, literary programs, lectures, film, multi-media, festivals, and exhibitions
• Supervisory and leadership skills to supervise student and professional workers, and the ability to build teams and collaborate with others on projects.
• Basic accounting skills to develop and manage budgets
• Active listening and strong interpersonal skills with the ability to develop productive relationships with coworkers and artists
• Very effective oral and listening communications skills and the ability to work effectively with people of diverse cultures, ages, and economic backgrounds
• Efficient with drafting software such as Vectorworks or Autocad
• Familiarity with audio visual technology and software such as Q-Lab, Ableton Live, and others.
Please submit a resume and cover letter explaining how your qualifications meet the requirements of the position to firstname.lastname@example.org
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with Criminal Histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
|• Job Title:||OXY Arts Production Manager|
|• Job Type:||Full-Time Job|
|• Employer:||Occidental College|
|• Location:||Los Angeles, California, United States|