Full-Time Job Operations Manager
• Job Title: Operations Manager
• Department: Operations (Artistic, Production/Technical, Community Engagement Programs)
• Reports to: Director of Operations
• FLSA Status: Full time, Exempt
General Position Summary:
The Operations Manager has essential functions in the Operations Department administration, including financial operations, contracting, calendar management, coordination of travel and housing, and other office duties. He/She provides support and coordination for the artistic, production/technical, and community program activities for the company’s mainstage productions, site-specific productions, festival productions, community programs, galas, special events and performances, and annual programming (hereinafter referred to throughout this document as, “Productions”). The Operations Manager ensures that all aspects of his/her work is in adherence to established parameters and supports the artistic and financial goals of the company. The Operations Manager has the discretion to resolve or recommend for resolution unforeseen circumstances that occur during the course of the season.
Essential Functions/Major responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individual with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Other duties may be assigned to meet business needs.
Financial Management and Contracting
• With the Director of Operations, administer budget scenarios for future season planning; Data entry.
• Manage departmental financial expense tracking, and with the Director of Operations monitor the annual Operations budget and cash flow (artistic, production, community engagement) including appropriate forecasting and reporting budget vs. actuals.
• Process fee payments and payrolls (union and non-union), expense reimbursements, and union benefit payments for all designers, stage directors, conductors, production/technical staff, guest artists, chorus, supers/dancers/actors, and community engagement artists and staff.
• Promote established processes.
• Submit purchase orders, and track all Operations Department purchase orders.
• Code payables.
• Reconcile department credit cards and petty cash.
• With the Finance Department, generate invoices.
• Overall contract administration for the Operations Department; Prepare, issue, and track contracts for designers, production/technical staff, guest artists, chorus, supers/actors/dancers, and community engagement artists and staff.
• Review agreements for accuracy and compliance.
• Prepare and track contractor fee payments.
• Obtain employment forms; Support the administration of the Operations Department payroll.
• Prepare and track contractor fee payments.
Calendar and Schedule Management
• Manage ArtsVision scheduling software, and act as primary administrator for the staff and liaison to the software provider.
• Participate in the departmental development of the master calendar for the season and festival.
• Act as primary administrator of calendar management for the master calendar and future seasons planning calendars; Supervise data entry and scheduling
• Manage departmental calendars.
• Assist with various department-specific needs, including but not limited to coordinating auditions.
• Coordinate internal meetings for the Operations Department, and design meetings and design presentations.
• With the direction of the Engagement Programs Manager, coordinate schedules and communication with educators, schools, districts and universities and other presenters in scheduling and implementing programs, and support other administration related to community engagement programming.
Travel and Housing Management
• Manage travel, housing, and other artist services for designers, visiting production/technical staff, consultants, artists, and guests and for the company as needed.
• Manage relationship with and negotiate with housing partners and car rental agencies for favorable rates and services.
• Manage communication to all out of town Operations Department personnel for arrivals and departures.
• Prepare, submit and track visa applications.
• With the Artistic Administrator, communicate with artist agencies on artist related materials such as costume measurements and artist biographies.
• Support the maintenance of the music library and the distribution/return music for orchestra, artists, company.
• Manage department planning databases and industry databases
• Manage the preparation of Operations Department data and reports for internal and external use, including artistic and production programming information, accurate reporting of community program attendance figures and data, accurate department financial reports; Assist with the preparation of the Board of Directors department report.
• Manage vendor relationships as assigned (i.e. housing and transportation).
• Assist with logistical details of performances, programs and events.
• Provide support as needed for productions and events.
• Provide support for personnel/labor negotiations and venue negotiations.
• Provide support for rehearsal and performance venue research and development
• Manage and submit artistic, production/technical, and community engagement materials for the program book.
• Proofread all programs, press releases, web pages, and marketing materials to ensure proper designer, artist, and operations department credits.
• Assist in writing, printing and distribution of programs, study guides, brochures, and other engagement collateral materials.
• Maintain Operations Department archival materials.
• Perform general administrative and office support activities under the direction of the Director of Operations; Proofread administrative documents.
• Manage Operations Department box office holds and comp tickets for performances, and dress rehearsal tickets passes for Operations Department constituents; Liaise with Audience Development and Sales Manager.
• Other duties as required.
Education and/or Experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree required. Experience working in non-profit arts organization is preferred.
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
• Demonstrated ability to effectively manage multiple projects in a production environment and to deal proactively with company requirements.
• Analyze information logically, drawing on one’s knowledge and experience base and calling on other references and resources as necessary to generate appropriate and/or creative solutions.
• 3+ years of experience in a performing arts environment, preferably opera.
• Strong computer skills, including a thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Publisher) and familiar with accounting databases/software.
• Experience with ArtsVision or other scheduling program
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
• Excellent organizational skills.
• Highly self-motivated with leadership qualities and also an effective team player.
• Works well under pressure.
• Results and team-oriented work style.
• Must be able to lift and carry 50 pounds.
Opera Omaha staff, board members, donors, customers, guest artists, chorus members, production/technical staff, community engagement constituents and any external constituents needing assistance. Establishes a good relationship with all to enhance company morale and maintain a positive attitude within the working environment.
Job Conditions and Work Hours:
Opera Omaha is a high-energy organization with a demanding mission. Employees will sometimes experience heavy workloads under very tight timelines. In addition, work may be required outside of normal business hours, including some evenings and weekends to support programming, performances, and other Opera Omaha initiatives.
Interested candidates should email a cover letter, resume, salary requirement and list of references to Jenny Daggett, Director of Finance and Human Resources: email@example.com
Please include “Operations Manager” in the subject line of the email.
|• Job Title:||Operations Manager|
|• Job Type:||Full-Time Job|
|• Employer:||Opera Omaha|
|• Location:||Omaha, Nebraska, United States|