Full-Time Job Operations / Art Fair Coordinator
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Artemis Fine Art Services is seeking to hire a full time employee to join our Operations Department, specifically someone with Art Fairs, Exhibitions, or Gallery Services experience. This position offers a unique opportunity to learn about the “behind-the-scenes” side of museum collections and work with galleries directly in order to fulfill requests regarding Art Fair Logistics. This is an excellent experience for a college grad, with room for growth; learning and career advancement after skills have been tested; with an opportunity to travel and help coordinate with our Art Handling team on site, and assist and advise our clientele face to face. Artemis is a for-profit company based in Dallas, Texas; specializing in Museum Quality Storage, National Transportation, Fine Art Crating and Handling. We have the good fortune of having a superlative international reputation with a disciplined eye towards providing the best possible turnkey service to our clients. We take our position very seriously and our staff has an enormous sense of purpose achieving that goal.
• Direct and advise clients as to how they can best utilize our services.
• Build and maintain client relationships via email and phone correspondence for current and future business.
• Receive client requests and provide estimates for transport, art handling, installation, and scheduling (as needed by Operations Dept).
• Coordinate with clients directly regarding project management throughout completion of job.
• Assist with marketing through online research for viable marketing material and potential opportunities for growth.
• Organize and maintain research findings for future use.
• Assist registration with storage collection as needed.
• Routinely modify and update client records to ensure recent information is available to all staff.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Must be discreet and able to maintain confidentiality in relation to business transactions and client relations.
• Ability to cultivate and maintain relationships with a sophisticated client base.
• Ability to work in a fast paced work environment and to handle stressful situations with poise and confidence.
• Must have impeccable attention to detail.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Must be able to multitask and consolidate tasks when necessary.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office and internet research. Filemaker & Artbase knowledge a plus.
• Knowledge of operation of standard office equipment.
• Must be willing to complete menial tasks as required to keep office efficient and ability to carry out routine office tasks such as data entry, filing, faxing, etc. in an efficient manner.
• Must be able to work independently or with others.
• Motivated to make a difference in the company through personal and professional excellence.
• Experience in Fine Art Transportation, Museum practices, Logistics, Fine Art Handling, and Operations a plus.
• BA in Art History, Arts & Humanities, Humanities/Aesthetic Studies, Museum Studies, Arts Administration, History, Logistics or related field is preferred
• Interest/Knowledge of art/art history especially contemporary art is helpful
This is a salaried position with the possibility for advancement. We offer excellent wages and benefit packages and a great work environment. Artemis will reimburse relocation expenses to Dallas, TX. Full time employees are eligible for health & dental insurance, 401k, personal days, holidays, and paid vacations.
How to apply:
Reply with resume and salary requirements to email@example.com
|• Job Title:||Operations / Art Fair Coordinator|
|• Job Type:||Full-Time Job|
|• Employer:||Artemis Fine Art Services|
|• Location:||Dallas, Texas, United States|