Full-Time Job Office Manager
SOUTH ORANGE PERFORMING ARTS CENTER (SOPAC)
Office Manager (Full-time, Permanent)
The South Orange Performing Arts Center is a regional cultural destination committed to offering innovative artistic and cultural experiences for diverse audiences within an intimate, inviting environment. SOPAC is located in downtown South Orange next to the NJ Transit train station, and includes a 439-seat theater; a Loft space for classes, parties, & performances; and a multi-screen cinema. More information about SOPAC can be found at www.SOPACnow.org
SOPAC seeks a poised professional with excellent communications, organizational skills and light bookkeeping experience, who functions well in a team-oriented environment. Must have a warm and welcoming personality, flexibility, and computer literacy (including Word, Excel and QuickBooks).
Office Management Responsibilities:
• Assist CEO with administrative tasks, as needed
• Open, sort and distribute incoming mail
• Monitor and maintain office supplies inventory and hospitality supplies
• Maintain office equipment, including copier, fax machine, etc. and arrange for necessary repairs to make sure it’s working properly
• Maintain office areas and equipment, housekeeping of main office space and conference room.
• Organize and coordinate arrangements for office meetings, in-house parties and celebrations.
• Perform a wide range of administrative and office support activities for various departments and/or directors to facilitate the efficient operation of the organization, including, but not limited to:
o Marketing Department Purchase Orders
o Data Entry
o Maintain, Organize, and update Office Calendar
o Maintain Board and Staff contact lists
• Participate as needed in special department projects and events.
• Ensure that clients and vendors are comfortable when entering the building by meeting their needs and expectations by providing excellent customer service.
• Collate documents including reports, and agenda for committee meetings.
• Handle requests for information and data.
• Maintain electronic and hard copy filing system
• Track organizational licenses and subscriptions to ensure timely renewal and compliance
• Prepare and distribute new-hire packets for Department Supervisor’s use
• Ensure filing systems are maintained and current
• Liaison with Village Hall and Parking Authority to resolve parking and other issues
• Communicate with Board of Governors and keep Board materials up-to-date
• Other duties as assigned
Finance Assistant Responsibilities:
• Account Receivables Collections
• Scan and Attach invoices into QB system
• Maintain records and input data for company credit cards
• File Paid Invoices
• Print, Obtain Signatures, and send Checks
• Print daily bank balances for CEO and CFO and prepare Daily Cash Sheet
• Code and Prepare all Bank Deposits, including Box Office receipts
• Bring daily deposits to bank
• Assist CFO, as needed, with light bookkeeping duties
• Attention to detail and strong organizational skills
• Warmth, sense of humor, and flexibility
• Excellent customer service skills and problem solving
• Ability to prioritize tasks
• Self-motivated and takes initiative; anticipates organizational needs
Send cover letter and résumé electronically to Mark@sopacnow.org
Mark Packer, Executive Director
South Orange Performing Arts Center
One SOPAC Way
South Orange, NJ 07079
SOPAC is an equal opportunity employer.
|• Job Title:||Office Manager|
|• Job Type:||Full-Time Job|
|• Employer:||South Orange Performing Arts Center|
|• Location:||South Orange, New Jersey, United States|