Part-Time Job Visual Arts Instructor
St. Nicks Alliance is a nonprofit, nonsectarian community-based organization founded in 1975 with the mission to serve as a catalyst to improve the quality of life of residents in the communities of North Brooklyn through its work in five main areas: housing, healthcare, workforce development, economic development and youth and education.
The St. Nicks’ Division of Youth and Education is expanding our staff to include part-time Visual Arts Educators to work at our programs at Elementary Schools, Middle Schools, Beacons and Cornerstone Community Centers.
The Visual Arts Educator will be responsible for designing and delivering curricula for visual arts (painting, drawing, illustration, etc.) activities while ensuring the safety and engagement of youth. The position requires a passionate, creative, energetic, team-building leader committed to providing the highest quality of programming for youth.
• Design and deliver curricula for Visual Arts (drawing, painting, illustration, etc.)
• Lead visual arts activities that are engaging and age-appropriate
• Actively monitor and engage participants during all program activities
• Plan and facilitate purposeful and engaging activities and theme-based projects catered to the age, stage and interests of participants
• Serve as a positive role model for participants by demonstrating professional language and behavior
• Develop positive, caring relationships with young people and their families
• Collaborate with co-workers and program supervisors around effective program operations; uphold all safety standards and procedures
• Actively participate in training and professional development to continuously improve on quality
• Must hold or be pursuing a degree in visual arts.
• At least one year experience working with children in afterschool settings HIGHLY preferred
• A sound understanding of English including reading, writing and speaking; bilingual abilities a plus
• Ability to collaborate with other team members
• A genuine enthusiasm for developing professional skills through training opportunities, observation, coaching, and feedback
• After School Availability between 2pm-6pm, approximately 15-20 hours a week; Monday- Friday; some holidays and holiday weeks
• Comply with School Age Child Care (SACC) requirements; including background check and medical clearances.
• Must be empathetic, patient, understanding, and a good listener
• Lots of energy and enthusiasm!
If you are hired you will need to submit:
Three reference letters (including name, address, organization/ company name, and phone number).
Copy of diploma or your official college transcript
Copy of photo identification- state, federal or driver’s license.
Copy of social security card.
Additionally, you will need to provide a current physical and proof of a tuberculosis vaccination, and address history for clearance for the New York State Clearance Registry. You will also be required to get fingerprinted by the New York State Office of Children and Family Services and the New York City Department of Education.
How to apply:
Please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Visual Arts Instructor” in subject line.
In your cover letter briefly explain the skills or abilities you would bring to after school.
Please all include your prior experience working with children in grades K-12 and include the age group you are interested in working with.
Please submit an example lesson plan and examples of art/projects previously done.
|• Job Title:||Visual Arts Instructor|
|• Job Type:||Part-Time Job|
|• Employer:||St Nicks Alliance|
|• Location:||New York, New York, United States|