Part-Time Museum Educator
The Peninsula Fine Arts Center seeks a part-time Museum Educator with strong communication skills and a passion for art who enjoys teaching all ages. This position helps design and implement educational programming to carry out the mission of PFAC.
- Work collaboratively with staff to plan, develop and implement educational art programs for schools and families in conjunction with changing exhibitions.
- Plan, schedule, direct and lead tours of current exhibitions.
- Recruit and train docents.
- Represent PFAC at both on-site and off-site events, requiring occasional weekend or evening work.
- Assist with maintaining the Hands On For Kids gallery and planning programming for the unique year-round space.
Experience and Skills:
- A bachelor’s degree in Art History, Studio Art or Education is preferred, but not required.
- Must have an appreciation and knowledge of art history, art appreciation and studio art.
- Knowledge of learning techniques and general educational and research best practices.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software.
The successful candidate must be a strong multitasker and effective communicator, comfortable working both one-on-one and with large groups. He/she must have excellent organizational skills, the ability to plan both short-term and long-term projects and be able to meet deadlines with attention to detail.
How to Apply
Send a resume by August 29 with cover letter, references and salary requirements to Executive Director Courtney Gardner via email at email@example.com or by mail to Peninsula Fine Arts Center, 101 Museum Drive, Newport News, VA 23606.
|• Job Title:||Museum Educator|
|• Job Type:||Part-Time Job|
|• Employer:||Peninsula Fine Arts Center|
|• Location:||Newport News, Virginia, United States|