Full-Time Job Art Handler, Maintainer
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
The Maintainer will report to the Manager Packing and Art Services.
The Maintainer is responsible for the packing and unpacking of artwork both to and from the Museum as well as handling the art in a safe and proper manner.
Art handling and packing of art objects
• Constructing wooden packing crates using manual and/or power tools while following standard safety procedures
• Lifting and moving packing crates safely and properly
• Measuring artwork and calculating interior and exterior specifications of packing materials
• Candidate must complete Security Threat Assessment application
• Other related duties
Requirements and Qualifications
Minimum two years experience working with detailed and/or fragile materials is required. The detailed and/or fragile materials need not be artwork, but the appropriate candidate must have experience in a field with an equivalent skill set.
• Minimum two years experience with power tools (saws, drills, pneumatic guns), ability to do mathematical calculations, ability to lift a minimum of 100 lbs. with or without assistance, and carpentry skills are all required.
• Candidate must be detail oriented, able to work under pressure and with close supervision.
• Candidate must be able to interact in a professional manner with Metropolitan Museum of Art staff and visiting museum professionals.
• Candidate must be willing to work regularly scheduled overtime and be available to work overtime during busy exhibition periods.
Knowledge and Education
• Knowledge of basic packing materials required
• A Bachelors degree is preferred with a minimum of an Associates degree required
How to Apply
When applying, please email email@example.com using the following subject in the email subject line:
Applications who do not follow this format will not be accepted.
|• Job Title:||Art Handler, Maintainer|
|• Job Type:||Full-Time Job|
|• Employer:||The Metropolitan Museum of Art|
|• Location:||New York, New York, United States|