Full-Time Job Marketing Associate
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
GENERAL STATEMENT OF RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES:
The Marketing Associate is a key player in the Marketing division of External Relations. He or she works closely with the General Manager, Marketing and the Senior Manager for Advertising and Marketing in all facets of the daily process of managing the Museum’s advertising and marketing operations to promote special exhibitions, the permanent collection, education programing and special projects, as needed. The Marketing Associate will also manage the museum’s advertising spend for the Education department while playing an active role in the departments marketing and outreach for the robust programs. The Associate also acts as a liaison to curatorial and administrative departments and outside vendors, assist in creation of ads and marketing materials from inception to completion with staff and the Museum’s advertising agency.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES:
• Reviewing ads for copy and design accuracy
• Writing and editing copy for promotional materials as needed
• Working with in-house Design staff to create promotional materials and signage for the Museum’s dining facilities and securing approvals from curatorial and administrative departments
• Gathering essential graphic components for the Museum’s ad agency for use in print, web and outdoor ads
• Coordinating, tracking and documenting Museum street banner displays
• Reviewing the design and content of ads for other departments as needed
• Processing and recording advertising and marketing-related invoices and tracking the annual budget
• Manage social media advertising budget and advertising plan for various departments. Work with General Manager on timing to coordinate museum-wide schedule for full marketing campaigns.
• Assist the general manager in creating a comprehensive marketing plan for Education programs that include advertising, email, Met Matters and grass roots marketing for the Education department that include large family festivals, Met Fridays as well as MADI programing.
• Work with General Manager on the advertising buy for MetLiveArts performances based on revenue goals
• Other duties as assigned.
REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS:
• Excellent writing and proven editing sills; attention to detail, excellent proof reading skills
• Works productively and cooperatively in a team setting
• 3-5 years, arts, marketing or public relations experience
• Candidate must be detail-oriented, extremely organized, and able to work on multiple deadlines simultaneously
• Experience with excel and budgets a plus
Knowledge and Education:
• Bachelor’s degree in Business or English required
• Knowledge of art history preferred
HOW TO APPLY:
Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please use the following format in the subject line of the email: Dept-Marketing-Marketing Associate.
The Metropolitan Museum of Art provides equal opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, age, mental or physical disability, pregnancy, alienage or citizenship status, marital status or domestic partner status, genetic information, genetic predisposition or carrier status, gender identity, HIV status, military status and any other category protected by law in all employment decisions, including but not limited to recruitment, hiring, compensation, training and apprenticeship, promotion, upgrading, demotion, downgrading, transfer, lay-off and termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and national service alumni encouraged to apply.
|• Job Title:||Marketing Associate|
|• Job Type:||Full-Time Job|
|• Employer:||The Metropolitan Museum Of Art|
|• Location:||New York, New York, United States|