Full-Time Job Company Manager
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
POSITION TITLE: Company Manager
DIRECT SUPERVISOR: Artistic Director
At Hubbard Street Dance Chicago, we bring artists, art and audiences together to enrich, engage, and change lives through the experience of dance.
We are seeking a smart, proactive and mission-driven individual to join Hubbard Street’s Artistic department.
Reporting to the Artistic Director and working closely with the Production Manager, the Company Manager is an integral part of the General Management, Artistic and Production teams, blending high-level organizational thinking with detailed hands-on tactical execution.
This wide-reaching position requires a self-starter, with a varied and thorough creative problem-solving and data-driven skill set.
This is a touring position; the Company Manager is on the road 3-16 weeks/year with the company.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Oversee the general care and well-being of all full time and visiting artists. Responsible for the coordination, management and day-to-day operation of all artist services.
• Advance and organize flights, ground transportation, housing and hospitality for Hubbard Street artists and staff while on tour and for visiting artists in Chicago.
• Schedule accompanists and teachers for company classes at home and on tour.
• Coordinate in-house physical therapy serving our full-time artists.
• Act as the organization’s liaison between external constituents and Hubbard Street while on the road. Facilitate meetings between Artistic Director and presenters.
• Working alongside the Business Office, oversee the day-to-day administration of the workers comp policy for new and open claims.
• Develop and maintain clear organizational systems for efficiently tracking and communicating information.
• Work as a team with the General Manager and Director of Production to manage and track expense budgets for artistic activity, and implement a robust reconciliation process.
• Provide contract negotiation, licensing, and visa coordination support to General Management team.
• Assist with the coordination of company-wide social events.
• Supervise archival video with members of other departments.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Hubbard Street gives preference to candidates who have demonstrable experience advocating for equity, diversity and inclusion.
• Five plus years of related experience at a touring performing arts institution.
• Superior relationship building and interpersonal skills.
• A strategic, data-driven, and creative problem solver, with highly developed analytical skills.
• An excellent communicator with a team attitude who knows how to manage up successfully and is willing to pitch in and get the job done.
• High levels of discretion and appropriate judgment with confidential materials.
• Demonstrated ability to work productively and graciously under strict time constraints.
• Must be available to tour 3 to 16 weeks per year, and for evening/weekend work.
• Ability to lift 50 lbs and a valid driver’s license.
Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Please also include your name and the position you are applying for in the subject line. Thank you!
Hubbard Street Dance Chicago is an Equal Opportunity Employer and
seeks candidates with demonstrable experience advocating
for equity, diversity and inclusion.
|• Job Title:||Company Manager|
|• Job Type:||Full-Time Job|
|• Employer:||Hubbard Street Dance Chicago|
|• Location:||Chicago, Illinois, United States|