Full-Time Job Lecturer (non-tenure track)- Costume Shop Supervisor
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
The Department of Theatre and Dance at The University of Texas at Austin invites applications for a full-time lecturer position to serve as the Costume Shop Supervisor in a robust professional training program. This non-tenure track, twelve-month appointment offers full benefits, competitive salary and renewable contract. Appointment has a preferred start date of June 1, 2017.
We are seeking an artist-practitioner to plan, supervise and coordinate costume production for all College of Fine Arts (COFA) academic productions. The Costume Shop Supervisor will work closely with faculty to integrate curricular goals and standards with production experience.
The job responsibilities also include:
* monitoring production processes through meetings, budgeting, construction, installation, rehearsals and performances.
* ensuring the maintenance of all theatrical equipment in the Costume Shop.
* preparing area schedules, budgets, stock maintenance, storage, rental, and loan arrangements.
* recruiting, hiring and training technical personnel.
* instructing and mentoring students in costume production as assigned.
* interviewing, hiring, and supervising full time personnel of costume shop and part time independent contractors
* instructor of record for student laboratory course
* some responsibility for production duties as assigned.
* performing related functions as required, to include driving UT vehicle.
Required: Bachelor’s degree. Five years of professional experience in costume production and design. Three years of experience in a supervisory capacity. Equivalent combination of relevant education and experience may be substituted as appropriate.
Licenses: Class “C” Operator’s Driver’s License. Applicant selected must provide a current three-year Driving Record from the current state of residence. If not currently a Texas resident, must obtain a Texas Driver’s License within 30 days after entering Texas as a new resident. Proficiency in Excel, Word, and the use and care of sewing machines and other standard equipment and tools related to costume building.
Preferred: Master’s or terminal degree in a related field. Experience working in an academic setting. Experience procuring resources on a national level. Experience with scheduling software. Advanced communication and interpersonal skills. Demonstrated excellent organizational skills, initiative, and self-motivation.
We seek applicants who pursue academic excellence through diversity at all levels.
The University of Texas at Austin is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity at all levels. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability or veteran status. (Compliant with the new VEVRAA and Section 503 Rules)
Review of applications begins March 20th, 2017, but the search will be kept open until the position is filled. Applicants are invited to upload:
• Letter of application, addressing the minimum and preferred qualifications
• Curriculum vita or resume
• Names and contact information of three references
All materials should be submitted via the Interfolio ad: https://apply.interfolio.com/41086. Please do not send additional supporting materials until requested.
|• Job Title:||Lecturer (non-tenure track)- Costume Shop Supervisor|
|• Job Type:||Full-Time Job|
|• Employer:||The University of Texas at Austin- Department of Theatre and Dance|
|• Location:||Austin, Texas, United States|