Full-Time Job Lecturer in Theatre
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Washburn University’s Department of Theatre invites applications for the position of Lecturer in Theatre with an emphasis in acting, directing and performance beginning January or August 2018. This position is a 9-month renewable appointment.
• MFA in Acting, Directing or Performance, or Ph.D. in Theatre or related field; ABD applicants will be considered if degree will be completed by December 2018.
• Experience teaching Acting at the University level.
• Experience directing theatre productions at the university or professional level.
• Experience with Design/Tech, Playwriting, Dramaturgy, Stage Management or Dance.
• 12-hour per semester teaching load may include acting, directing, introductory theatre classes and other undergraduate courses consistent with the candidate’s training and interests.
• One or two productions each year as director, designer, or faculty advisor to student productions. Assignment based on skills and interests. Typically one course release per production.
• Engage in service activities in the department, university, and profession.
The successful candidate must be a collaborative educator and artist with expertise in a variety of performance styles, pedagogies and practices. A commitment to diversity, programmatic innovation, and collaborative interactions between faculty, staff and students across the University is essential.
Application review will begin October 9 and continue until the position is filled.
Send cover letter, vita (including name/mailing and email addresses/phone numbers of three professional references), statement of teaching philosophy, and copies of transcripts to Linda Smith, Washburn University, 1700 College Ave., Topeka, KS 66621 or email@example.com (use theatre in the subject line and do not send additional materials until requested).
Electronic or print application materials will be accepted.
For questions contact: Sharon.Sullivan@washburn.edu
The successful candidate will be required to submit to a background check prior to hire and to submit official transcripts. Washburn University is an Equal Opportunity employer. To enrich education through diversity, candidates from under-represented groups are encouraged to apply.
|• Job Title:||Lecturer in Theatre|
|• Job Type:||Full-Time Job|
|• Employer:||Washburn University|
|• Location:||Topeka, Kansas, United States|