Temporary Job Interim Production Manager
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
INTERIM PRODUCTION MANAGER JOB POSTING
JOB POSTING: INTERIM PRODUCTION MANGER – Maternity leave
Reports to: Technical Director
Opera San Jose is seeking an Interim Production Manager to fill a full-time temporary position. The Production Manager is a mid management position within the company with a primary focus on contracting artistic staff, contracting shop and show crews, managing: production meetings, the production schedule, theater keys and parking cards. The position requires a self-motivated, organized individual with the ability to multi-task and prioritize.
Duties of the Production Manager include but are not limited to:
• Production Administration
• Act as supervisor for run crew and Stage Management Team
• Manage artistic labor and theater rental budget
• Hire shop crew in consultation with the Technical Director
• Create and manage all production schedules
• Administer all design and stage management contracts
• Provide supervision for technical rehearsals and work calls in cooperation with Technical Director
• Supervise and arrange logistics for OSJ productions, special events, tours and co-productions
• A university or college degree in theatre production or equivalent training
• Minimum 1 year experience as a production manager in a theatrical setting
• An understanding of current production and technical practices within theatre including sound, lighting, projection and set construction
• Be comfortable supervising crew and artisans
• MS Office Skills
• Excellent communication skills
The dates of employment are expected to be from February 5, 2018 – June 15, 2018.
Standard hours are 8am – 5pm. As with most positions in the theatre, occasional work is required evenings and weekends throughout the season.
Salary: Commensurate with skills and experience.
Interested applicants should apply via email to John Draginoff, Technical Director firstname.lastname@example.org
Please reference Interim Production Manager in the subject line. Applications will be considered until the position is filled.
Applications should include a cover letter and resume, including references. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Opera San Jose is a 34 year old opera company founded by the late Irene Dalis, unique for employing a resident company of principal artists. OSJ is dedicated to presenting compelling, professional opera performances, while creating and providing cultural and educational programs that both enrich the opera-going experience and encourage future generations of artists and audiences. We welcome applications from candidates of diverse cultures and backgrounds.
|• Job Title:||Interim Production Manager|
|• Job Type:||Temporary Job|
|• Employer:||Opera San Jose, INC.|
|• Location:||San Jose, California, United States|