Full-Time Job Instructor, Digital Media
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Instructor, Digital Media
Salary: $57,665 – $88,687/annual
Closing Date: May 5, 2017
Location: Hayward, CA
To apply, please submit your application materials online via our applicant system at https://www.clpccd.org/hr.
The Chabot-Las Positas Community College District is seeking an Instructor, Digital Media for Chabot College in Hayward, California.
1. Evidence of ability to teach digital design courses in graphic arts, motion/3D graphics, and web design;
2. Ability to teach and commitment to developing online courses as needed;
3. Experience in/ability to teach and develop curriculum in graphic arts;
4. Enthusiasm for design;
5. Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing;
6. Commitment to working successfully as a team with other visual arts instructors and colleagues;
7. Participation in campus professional activities, which include, but are not limited to development of curriculum and new instructional approaches, committee membership, learning outcomes assessment, staff meetings and community outreach;
8. Ability to adapt instructional techniques to accommodate varied learning styles and abilities, including distance learning;
9. Ability to teach late afternoon, evening, weekend, distance learning, and/or off-campus classes when scheduled as part of the regular teaching assignment;
10. Ability to interact successfully with others;
11. Demonstrate a sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, including those with physical and/or learning disabilities;
12. Ability to participate in articulation and recruitment activities as assigned.
Minimum Education and Experience
Any bachelor’s degree and two years of professional experience, OR any associate degree and six years of professional experience.
You will be required to upload your transcripts. You must upload all applicable transcripts, credentials and/or certificates required to meet minimum qualifications for the position for which you are applying. Any degrees earned outside the United States must have an official US evaluation (course by course) of the transcripts and must be submitted with the application. In the case that the file you are uploading is too large or you do not have your transcripts readily available, please upload a document in place of stating you will be sending the documents to the Office of Human Resources, 7600 Dublin Boulevard, 3rd Floor, Dublin, CA 94568, or by fax (925) 485-5254, by 11:59:59 p.m. (PST) on the closing date.
*Degrees in Progress: To be conferred on or before July 1, 2017 will be considered, provided that the applicant also submits (1) an up-to-date transcript, (2) a photocopy of the degree requirement from the school catalog, and (3) proof of current course(s) and enrollment. Please provide your explanation and background material by using the optional document upload called “Other Document”. If you are unable to upload the above, please upload a document in its place and state you will be sending the documents to the Office of Human Resources, 7600 Dublin Boulevard, 3rd Floor, Dublin, CA 94568, by 5:00 p.m. (PST) on the closing date.
Applicants applying under the “Equivalent provision” must provide details that explain at time of application how their academic preparation is the equivalent of the degree listed above. Please provide your explanation by using the optional document upload called “Equivalency Statement”.
1. Masters in Fine Arts or Masters in Arts;
2. Background and experience in graphic design, animation, and/or motion/3D graphics;
3. Proficiency with industry standard software.
Job Work Schedule
This position is full-time, tenure-track, 2017-2018 Academic Year. Employment will begin on or about August 14, 2017.
Physical Demands and Working Environment INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES WHO ARE UNABLE TO CARRY OUT THE PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES OF THE POSITION WILL RECEIVE REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS TO ENABLE THEM TO PERFORM THEESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE POSITION.
Notification to Applicants
The Chabot-Las Positas Community College District reserves the right to close or not fill any advertised position.
Instructions for Personal Qualifications Statement
The purpose of the personal qualifications statement is for you to provide information on how your education and experience relate to the requirements and duties of the position. There is no form to complete. Applicants are requested to provide their personal qualifications statement by uploading a document, the same way as you do for your cover letter.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
1. The following questions are intended to seek relevant information regarding your ability to teach digital media. Please attach responses as a single document with sections: 1. Describe your experience teaching digital art, including courses and materials developed; include sample syllabi. 2. Provide a link to an online portfolio of your work. Please upload your response under the required document labeled “Response to Supplemental Question #1”.
(Open Ended Question)
Documents Needed To Apply
2. Cover Letter
4. Personal Qualifications Statement
5. Response to Supplemental Question 1
1. Other Document
2. Equivalency Statement
|• Job Title:||Instructor, Digital Media|
|• Job Type:||Full-Time Job|
|• Employer:||Chabot College|
|• Location:||Hayward, California, United States|