Full-Time Job House Manager – Theatre
The David H. Koch Theater at Lincoln Center
The David H. Koch Theater at Lincoln Center opened in April 1964 as the New York State Theater under the management of City Center of Music and Drama, Inc. The theater was designed by the renowned architect Philip Johnson, built with funds from the State of New York, and given to the City of New York as a home for performing arts organizations. Today, the theater is home to the New York City Ballet as well as a growing number of national and international touring performing arts groups.
The House Manager is responsible for planning and supervising all front of house operations for the theater including staffing, event logistics, and day to day performance and event operations. Working closely with other departments, the position is responsible for providing a high level of service to the many thousands of customers and patrons that visit the theater each year. The position reports to the DHKT Managing Director.
• Fostering and maintaining superior customer service goals and objectives.
• Supervises the Front of House Coordinator and 2 part time assistants.
• In collaboration with the Managing Director, creates and modifies House Management policies.
• Assists Managing Director in forecasting and maintaining House Management budget.
• Manage front-of-house operations for public and private events and performances, including handling ticket holder issues and coordinating performance start times between stage management and house management.
• Approval of Ushers, Performance Porters, Day Porters weekly time sheets, and payroll submittals.
• Track FOH expenses for rental events, create invoices for same.
• Represents DHKT Management in coordinating event logistics with all users.
• Creates and distributes performance reports for events.
• Maintains knowledge of all fire and emergency evacuation plans.
• Coordinates staffing for security, housekeeping, engineering, food service to ensure functionality and monitors front of house for appropriate staffing, including ushers, housekeeping, intermission bars, coat check, and security.
• Tours the building public spaces daily, noting all facility issues and reporting them to the proper departments.
• Acts as liaison with media/press when media rep is not present and maintains and distributes press passes.
• Acts as primary source to the public regarding all building and event information which includes fielding complaints and inquiries and passes them along to the appropriate departments.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & ABILITIES:
• Significant prior experience managing and supervising front of house theater operations.
• Demonstrable experience in providing superior customer service.
• Knowledge of ADA, State and City regulations, policies and procedures with regard to safety, security and public assembly.
• Ability to multi-task and work well in a fast paced environment with strong attention to detail and process.
• Understanding of union employee workforce.
• Self-motivated and able to handle and prioritize multiple projects.
• Strong customer service orientation/etiquette and ability to work well with diverse clientele.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Experience with Microsoft Office software.
POSITION CONTROLS & WORKWEEK:
This is a salaried, exempt, managerial position. Work hours vary according to the performance schedule and will include weekends, holidays and other scheduled work periods as necessary.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please email resume with a cover letter indicating salary requirements to:
and reference “House Manager” in the subject line.
CCMD/NYCB is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.
No phone calls, please.
|• Job Title:||House Manager – Theatre|
|• Job Type:||Full-Time Job|
|• Employer:||The David H. Koch Theater|
|• Location:||New York, New York, United States|