Part-Time Job House Manager/ Box Office Clerk
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
The Part Time House Manager/ Box Office Clerk is on-site for all events to which the general public is invited. This part-time position oversees audience arrival, seating and departure, while ensuring audience safety. The person has the overall responsibility for ensuring that the experience of each patron is enjoyable as well as safe, providing exemplary customer service to audience members.
The House Manager/Box Office Clerk reports to the Producing Artistic Director, but must also work closely and coordinate with all staff, including the event’s Stage Manager, Box Office Manager, Marketing Manager, Facilities, and tech crew.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Ensure that restrooms, lobby and theater are clean and safe prior to patron arrival. Contact corresponding department to let them know if something needs done before patrons arrive
• Work with the box office staff to double check any special patron accommodations required for that evening
• Demonstrates excellent customer service skills by interacting with patrons, resolving patron conflicts, and managing incoming call load during show nights
• Assign, train and supervise volunteer ushers. Duties vary by show, but may include stuffing programs with promotional materials, greeting, directing, seating and assisting patrons, and tearing tickets
• Provide patrons with directions and answer questions about the performance space
• Work closely with the stage manager to determine when the front of the house is prepared for an event to begin
• The House Manager will be properly trained in the emergency evacuation procedure and is in charge of the safe evacuations of all patrons in case of an emergency
• Complete accident reports or incident reports when necessary
Box Office Clerk:
• Proficient in Vendini Ticketing Software after employee training
• Coordinating box office operations with front of house and concessions
• Daily generation of sales reports and box office deposits
• Complete walkup and phone sales
• Ensuring delivery of exceptional customer service to everyone in contact with the Box Office,
including providing pleasant, accurate, and expedient customer service for anyone needing assistance from the box office
• Performs clerical tasks, including preparing mass mailings, copying and collating, filing, inventory, etc.
• 2 years of front of house work experience in a performing arts venue, OR
• 2 years of work experience in a position focusing on customer satisfaction
• Experience working with Vendini Ticketing Software
• Experience with theater/performance practices
• Experience working with a wide range of clientele
• Experience high volume service settings
• Experience focused on accommodating patrons with disabilities
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to multitask and reprioritize
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Ability to communicate with a broad range of audience members
• Problem-solving abilities are necessary. Able to quickly identify and provide solutions to issues
Licenses or Certifications:
• RAMP certification required. CPR / First Aid training will be provided annually if needed.
• The position frequently requires the employee to communicate well with others both inside and outside the theater (e.g., in person, via telephone, etc).
• An employee in this position is frequently required to move throughout the workplace, sit, stand and walk, carry items, and climb stairs.
Employment may be contingent upon your successful completion of a professional, educational and criminal background check. At the time of employment, you must also present documentation indicating that you are legally authorized to work in the United States.
Send resume with cover letter, and three professional references to Maria Scheller, Production Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org
No phone calls please. No relocation expenses provided.
|• Job Title:||House Manager/ Box Office Clerk|
|• Job Type:||Part-Time Job|
|• Employer:||Lincoln Park Performing Arts Center|
|• Location:||Midland, Pennsylvania, United States|