Full-Time Job Head Preparator – Gallery
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
David Kordansky Gallery, Los Angeles, CA is seeking a full-time HEAD PREPARATOR
We are seeking a highly motivated, well organized, and team-oriented person who wants to be part of a rapidly growing, internationally renowned contemporary art gallery in Los Angeles, CA. The Head Preparator position will be scheduled 5 days a week, Monday to Friday, but the applicant must be flexible and available outside of the designated days on an as needed basis. This is a managerial position, and the applicant is required to have extensive prior experience working as a preparator and handling a variety of artwork at a contemporary art gallery or museum.
Primary responsibilities include directing and training a team of preparators and participating in the following duties:
• Installation, maintenance, and de• installation of artworks for exhibitions, art fair presentations, photo shoots, and private viewings
• Proper packing of artworks for storage and outgoing shipments
• Proper unpacking of artworks for condition reporting and installation
• Receipt and release of artworks
• Local collection, transporting, and delivery of artworks
• Client installs as needed
• Construction of models for exhibitions and art fair presentations
• Storage and supplies maintenance
• General facilities maintenance, including, but not limited to, patching and painting, general clean• up, and disaster preparations
• Fabrication of pedestals and t• frames, and other light carpentry
• Extensive prior experience working as a preparator and handling a variety of artwork at a contemporary art gallery or similar arts organization
• Ability to accurately install, maintain, and deinstall artworks of a variety of mediums, including, but not limited to sculpture, painting, works on paper, photographs, video, ceramics, etc.
• Knowledge of basic construction and fabrication materials and methods
• Experience driving up to 16 ft. box trucks
• A/V experience preferred
• Prior experience installing and deinstalling at art fairs preferred
• Experience with Photoshop and other graphic and technical software preferred
• High attention to detail
• Able to efficiently lead, manage, and delegate to a team of preparators
• Able to work independently
• Capable of working successfully in a fast• paced, deadline• driven environment
• Superior crisis management skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Valid driver’s license
How to apply:
Salary based on qualifications and experience.
Please email a cover letter and resume with the subject line “Head Preparator” to firstname.lastname@example.org
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
Only those applicants who meet the qualifications for this position will be contacted.
|• Job Title:||Head Preparator – Gallery|
|• Job Type:||Full-Time Job|
|• Employer:||David Kordansky Gallery|
|• Location:||Los Angeles, California, United States|