Full-Time Job Head of Music & Director, Marion Roose Pullin Opera Studio
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
The Head of Music manages the musical preparation of all mainstage productions and execution of all musical activities. The Director of the Marion Roose Pullin Opera Studio manages the selection and musical development of the Studio Artists.
• Manages the musical preparation for all mainstage productions, including serving as First Pianst on each production.
• Manages the quality of musical preparation and execution of all mainstage activities
• Assists with season planning, budgeting, staffing, casting, training, and execution of artistic department goals
• Manages the selection of Studio Artists, including the application process and pre-screening
• Manages the musical and linguistic development of the Opera Studio, including selecting guest faculty and arranging master classes
• Serve as primary coach for the Opera Studio
• Establishes cuts, editions, and musical changes for each production, in conjunction with the Director of Artistic Administration, Guest Conductors, and Guest Directors
• Oversees distribution of rehearsal notes from Maestro in rehearsal room and in the theater
• Play for and coordinate repertoire with principal artists for ancillary events
• Maintains list of local coaches/pianists for events
• Oversees the music library, including ordering and maintaining orchestral and piano/vocal scores
• Assists in developing the artistic department budget
• Manages all music rentals
• Assists the Orchestra Librarian in distributing and maintaining orchestra parts
• Plays for mainstage auditions
• Speak at ancillary cultivation or performance related events as requested
• Works in conjunction with Artistic Administration, Marketing, and Development to schedule appropriate performance opportunities for Studio Artists
• Assist Development with donor cultivation when requested
• Other related duties as assigned
• Marion Roose Pullin Opera Studio Artists
• Vast knowledge of operatic repertoire and experience as a choral conductor in the operatic field
• Excellent organizational skills and experience as a pianist/coach at the international level
• Candidate must be available most evenings and weekends
• Excellent project management and people skills
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, and the ability to present in public
• Creative, detail oriented, excellent organizational and self-management skills, and ability to multi-task, adapt, and work in a fast-paced work environment
• Ability to work flexible hours, including regular travel, evenings and weekends
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite Excel, Outlook, Power Point and Word
Extended periods at work station, using a keyboard, viewing a computer screen and communicating by telephone and in person. Extended periods sitting and playing piano. Some special event set up and break down is required. Must be able to lift up to 40 lbs. Travel by car required.
Work environment is generally quiet, and in an office setting but intensifies during periods when the Company is in season. Also see Physical Demands section above.
Reliable transportation required and must be able to travel statewide. Flexible schedule that will require working some nights and weekends to attend events, performances, rehearsals, etc.
The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position.
The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the position change.
The Arizona Opera is an Equal Opportunity employer. The Arizona Opera does not discriminate against an Employee or candidate for employment because of his or her race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, age, disability, veteran status, marital status or any other legally protected status. We prohibit discrimination in all aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, compensation, benefits, engagements, assignments, training, discipline, termination, promotions or other conditions of employment or career development. We offer Reasonable Accommodations where necessary to candidates for employment and to our qualified employees with disabilities.
Please submit cover letter and resume to email@example.com
|• Job Title:||Head of Music & Director, Marion Roose Pullin Opera Studio|
|• Job Type:||Full-Time Job|
|• Employer:||Arizona Opera|
|• Location:||Phoenix, Arizona, United States|