Full-Time Job General Manager
SUMMARY POSITION DESCRIPTION
The Cherry Arts Inc., Ithaca’s “radically local, radically international, and formally innovative” theatre ensemble and performance space, seeks a flexible, organized, detail-oriented, multi-tasking professional to assist its Artistic Director (AD) in the development and operation of both The Cherry Arts not-for-profit theatre company and The Cherry Artspace flexible, multi-disciplinary venue. This full-time General Manager role will work out of the Artspace independently and as part of the team, with a primary focus on the physical and financial operations of the venue and its productions. The individual will play an integral role, as a support to the AD, in the strategic planning, development and growth of both the theatre company and the venue, through grant writing, patron/donor development and support, and by increasing partnerships and rental opportunities.
1) Develop master production calendar, including production, marketing and publicity details and considerations; Work with the AD on long-term strategic plan and budget; monitor day-to-day spend and trends.
2) Partnering with the AD, review possible grant opportunities that further The Cherry Arts artistic mission; research foundations or grant-writing organizations to ensure a thorough understanding of their historical funding and support patterns; using the appropriate Cherry Arts data, develop tailored and persuasive grant applications and ensure all submission deadlines and conditions are met; monitor processing and follow-through as necessary.
3) Ongoing maintenance of a newly-implemented patron/donor/ticketing CRM database; analyze data and assist in the development and implementation of new opportunities to build and support patrons/donors. Assist in company website maintenance.
4) Venue management, including development (with Artistic Director) of an Artspace Partnership Kit and web page describing opportunities and requirements for guest artist and company residencies. Ensure residents understand and adhere to guidelines; gather feedback and propose suggestions for new/missing resident needs.
5) Coordinate Artspace rentals and develop strategies to promote and increase venue rental appeal; Evaluate marketing and promotion plan to expand availability and use by artists and private function rentals (such as weddings and corporate events).
6) Manage and further develop utilization of a Volunteer/Intern labor workforce; Analyze current interest and offers – as well as current opportunities for volunteer, intern, and work-study positions or assistance. Determine when this workforce would be best utilized to achieve desired results and to strengthen interest and partnership with Cherry Arts.
Minimum Requirements and Preferred Skills
• Bachelors’ degree, preferably in arts administration or non-profit management and administration
• 3-5 years related experience in the support and operations of a non-profit, arts, or educational organization, or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Proficiency in Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and/or other spreadsheet/financial applications; Prior experience with grant-writing, budgets and financial recordkeeping; Experience in database development or maintenance preferred
• Ability to work flexible schedule, including some nights and weekends
Competitive Salary with some benefits
Interested qualified candidates should electronically submit a resume and cover letter, including salary requirements, to GMsearch@thecherry.org
|• Job Title:||General Manager|
|• Job Type:||Full-Time Job|
|• Employer:||The Cherry Arts, Inc.|
|• Location:||Ithaca, New York, United States|