Full-Time Job General Manager
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Reports to the Executive Director
Location: Sundog Theatre office at 370 St. Marks Place, Staten Island, NY 10301
Status: Full-Time, non-exempt, salaried position
The General Manager is responsible for overseeing and helping carry out day-to-day operations.
• Provide leadership, management, and analysis necessary to support all processes
within the organization
• Liaise with and maintain relationships with program participants, media,
educational, and community organizations, including other external stakeholders
• Strategize and oversee PR & marketing
• Help explore new funding opportunities and assist in grant writing
• Maintain and build upon Sundog’s reputation in our community and borough
• Handle basic agreements/contract writing
• Supervise administrative coordinator
• Manage HR and financial functions
• Attend meetings outside office for funding, education, and business opportunities
• Coordinate program components in areas of theatre, education, and touring
• Perform other duties as assigned, and job description may be subject to change
Requirements and Qualifications:
• Outstanding organizational and interpersonal skills
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent self-management, with great attention to detail and follow-through
• Excellent analytical and problem solving skills along with an ability to handle
• Collaborative and teambuilding strengths
• Ability to work in an often fast-paced, open office environment
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
• Experience in a not-for-profit and/or arts management a plus
• Access to a car for site visits
• Needs to move about inside office to access file cabinets, etc.; ability to remain in
stationary position (i.e. at desk) at least 50% of time and ability to lift up to 20 lbs if necessary.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree (BA or BFA)
Work experience: At least 2 years of experience working in a not-for-profit, arts, and/or education setting. Management experience preferred.
• Salary: Competitive, commensurate with experience. Health benefits and paid
• Starting time: October 2017 or sooner
• Submissions: Send cover letter and resume via email or mail.
• Submit cover letter, resume, 3 references, and salary range to
jobs (at) sundogtheatre.org or mail to:
Sundog Theatre, GM, PO Box 183, Staten Island, NY 10301
• No calls please. Qualified applicants will be contacted.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
|• Job Title:||General Manager|
|• Job Type:||Full-Time Job|
|• Employer:||Sundog Theatre|
|• Location:||New York, United States|