Full-Time Job Gallery Director | Studio Operations
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Do the arts make you come alive? Are you a passionate arts advocate seeking to find a career where your knowledge and business experience can have a meaningful impact in the world? Have you experienced the unexplainable draw of Sedona? This may be a perfect opportunity waiting just for you…
A well-renowned artist collective is seeking a visionary Gallery Director to lead and nurture its collaborative arts program based in beautiful Sedona, Arizona. The ideal candidate will be spirited and a strong proponent for the transformative power of the arts with the desire to expand the reach of the art community. The ideal candidate has exceptional business education (preferably MBA) and field experience working with artists/creative entrepreneurs or in a creative context.
Job Summary for the Gallery Director | Studio Operations
The Gallery Director is responsible for increasing sales for the Gallery and Studio operations. Improving advertising impact and increasing awareness of the Gallery in the community is crucial for sales. The position carries a six-figure sales goal for 2017. You will be driven to reach financial growth and stability, develop strategic marketing plans, and promote beautiful art while considering the visitor experience and business needs of the gallery. The Gallery Director will direct and lead the Gallery staff as part of day-to-day operations. They will also be responsible for dealing with leasing and landlord issues with the Artist Studio connected to the Gallery.
Essential Functions of the Gallery Director | Studio Operations
• Lead daily operations involving Gallery staff, including hiring, managing, and inspiring toward action and growth
• Develop and implement a detailed, practical strategic sales plan
• Assure filing of all required sales tax documentation
• Establish and manage Customer Relations Management system (CRM)
• Leverage current Gallery budget to raise visibility in community through print and online marketing / advertising initiatives as part of a strategic sales plan
• Develop, manage, and oversee all gallery events
• Manage all Social Media presence
• Oversee lease programs with Studio artists and ensure space is appropriately filled
• Liaise with artists to secure their attendance with relevant Gallery events
• Oversee and conduct general maintenance of property
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities of the Gallery Director| Studio Operations
• Must possess high-end business acumen with a proven background in business administration and operational growth.
• Project and personnel management, budget planning and oversight.
• Strong ability to lead creative and support staff while respecting the creative nature and beauty of collaboration.
• Previous Sales, Marketing and advertising skills.
• Driven to succeed as a self-starter and a highly-developed sense of personal accountability.
• Sensitive to time and priority management with specific strategies and goals in mind.
• The Gallery Director is comfortable being the face and smile at the front of Gallery operations. You must love helping attract a wide variety of people to enjoy the Gallery experience.
• An exceptional ability to listen and to be heard is essential. You must be comfortable asking more questions at the beginning, not assuming what you heard is correct.
Training and Experience Requirements for the Gallery Director | Studio Operations
• Senior-level business administration or operational growth and management (planning and executing).
• Must have proven background and multiple years’ experience in Sales, Marketing and Advertising.
• Experienced in writing a strategic business plan.
• Previous P & L, budgeting, filing taxes, and ROI experience
• Experienced in all social media platforms, Facebook, Google+, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter and LinkedIn.
• Prior experience in event planning, management and execution.
• Proficient in business operations, including CRM integration and Microsoft Office.
• Prior experience working in an artistic setting, creative entrepreneurs or creative environment.
• MBA Preferred
Please apply here: http://www.bluewateradvisory.com/gallery-director-0153/
|• Job Title:||Gallery Director | Studio Operations|
|• Job Type:||Full-Time Job|
|• Employer:||Bluewater Search|
|• Location:||Sedona, Arizona, United States|