Part-Time Gallery Assistant / Receptionist
Miles McEnery Gallery is seeking a temporary Gallery Assistant / Receptionist to begin immediately.
This individual will work closely with all gallery staff, including principals. This is a fast-paced environment requiring someone with an outgoing personality who is a self-starter, can multi-task, solve problems independently, and be responsible for administrative tasks with absolute attention to detail.
The Gallery Assistant / Receptionist should enjoy interacting with people and must display an upbeat and cheerful disposition toward visitors, clients, and artists at all times.
The front desk is the first point of contact in the gallery and we are seeking an individual who will reflect our welcoming and friendly culture.
This is a paid position that would be an ideal opportunity for a current college student or recent graduate.
Depending on the schedule of the candidate, the position may be full-time (Tuesday through Saturday) or part-time (at least three days a week, including Saturdays).
Key areas of responsibility:
• Greet and receive visitors
• Coordinate and schedule meetings, maintain calendar
• Answer and direct phone calls
• Manage office email and maintain rolodex
• Order office supplies for the gallery
• Prepare and oversee incoming and outgoing mail and packages
• Assist sales team with preparations for exhibitions, art fairs, and client meetings
• Assist all gallery staff as needed
• Ability to speak articulately about gallery exhibitions and artists
• Enthusiastic and friendly demeanor
• Motivated and a fast learner
• Professional and energetic
• Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
• Flexible, punctual, and reliable
• Willing to learn and demonstrate excellent client service
HOW TO APPLY:
Please email your resume and a cover letter as a PDF document to firstname.lastname@example.org
No phone calls or walk-ins. Qualified candidates will be contacted for an in-person interview.
Apply for this Job