Full-Time Job Gallery Assistant
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Upper East Side Gallery specializing in American Post-War and Contemporary art seeks a motivated and reliable Gallery Assistant. This position will provide administrative support to the gallery owner and staff and will play an important role in the day-to-day function of the gallery. This is a full-time position. Applicants must be flexible and available to work outside of designated days on an as-needed basis, including for, but not limited to, opening receptions and art fairs.
• Bachelor’s degree required, a strong interest in and knowledge of art history is preferred
• Two years’ experience at a gallery, museum, auction house, or arts organization; we are seeking a candidate possessing a familiarity with names of collectors, museum curators, art critics, advisors, artists, and galleries
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent capacity for organization and time management skills, candidates should be detail oriented
• Must be able multi-task in a fast-past, energy driven environment
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) and Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Acrobat)
• Experience with ArtBase and/or FileMaker preferred
• Assist in research, correspondence, maintenance of photo archives as needed by sales and exhibition staff
• Assist in maintaining gallery finances; for a candidate with interest and ability in this area, there could be room for future growth
• Maintain and organize contacts database
• Assist with inventory management and record-keeping, including entering and organizing information in ArtBase and paper object files
• Office management: ordering supplies, organizing the library, assist with HR, maintain office equipment and liaise with outside IT support
• Answering phones, handling catalogue sales, greeting visitors, and fielding general questions. Some light art-handling may be required as well.
• Salary commensurate with experience. Benefits package includes health insurance and pension.
Application Instructions / Public Contact Information
Please email a resume and cover letter to StarrGallery@gmail.com with “Gallery Assistant” in subject line. No phone calls please.
|• Job Title:||Gallery Assistant|
|• Job Type:||Full-Time Job|
|• Employer:||Craig F. Starr Gallery|
|• Location:||New York, New York, United States|