Part-Time Job Gallery Assistant
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
The ideal candidate will have a bachelor’s degree in art history or fine art. This position requires excellent organization and communication skills. As this is a small staff, a willingness to help out in all areas of gallery operation is essential. Daily tasks will include answering phones, presenting artwork to clients, running a variety of errands, and helping to maintain the overall organization of the gallery. Projects will include preparing for art exhibitions and art fairs.
The gallery assistant will be a client’s first contact when entering or calling the gallery. It is essential that this person is professional and courteous at all times. This is an excellent position for anyone looking to gain experience in the art world. Interest in contemporary art is a must. Only serious and qualified applicants will be considered. The position is part time with a commitment of three days per week including Saturday.
In addition to all office duties, the gallery assistant will also serve as personal assistant to the owner. It is very important that the gallery assistant is both willing and helpful in completing these tasks.
• Basic bookkeeping
• Booking flights
• Ordering and maintaining all office supplies
• Answering phones
• Planning opening receptions
• Maintaining press and mailing list
• Preparing and sending of all press materials
• Personal assistant to owner of the gallery
• Posting on all social media platforms including Instagram, Twitter and Facebook
• Self-starter, detail-oriented
• Professional (in manner and appearance)
• Eager and willing to participate in a variety of tasks
• Polite, helpful, and friendly
• A plus if experience in Filemaker, Photoshop, Artsy, Constant Contact
• Familiar using website builders similar to Squarespace or WordPress
How to apply:
Please email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
|• Job Title:||Gallery Assistant|
|• Job Type:||Part-Time Job|
|• Employer:||Winston Wächter Fine Art|
|• Location:||New York, New York, United States|