Full-Time Festival Director
The Lancaster Festival is a world class celebration of the arts held annually in July in Lancaster, Ohio, a picturesque, historic community approximately 35 miles from Columbus. This ten-day visual and performing arts festival – in its thirty fourth year – features the Lancaster Festival Orchestra composed of professional musicians from this country and abroad. Hundreds of musicians and artists are presented in more than 70 performances and numerous exhibitions during the event. Festival highlights include two outdoor concerts featuring internationally known guest artists performing with the orchestra; chamber music in museums and churches; all styles of popular music and entertaining and educational programming for children and families. The Lancaster Festival enjoys the support and participation of a wide cross section of the community and a friendly host city welcomes festival visitors from many parts of the country.
• Reports to the Board of Directors.
• Work in partnership with the Lancaster Festival Board and Lancaster Festival Artistic Director to engage members in implementing strategies that support the arts.
• Coordinates the operations and administration of the Lancaster Festival throughout the year and during the Lancaster Festival.
• Articulates the mission and values of The Lancaster Festival to the community.
• Demonstrates knowledge of fiscal responsibility, marketing, organized business practices.
• Manages the office, administrative staff and volunteers.
• Recruits/coordinates volunteer and professional personnel activities – e.g. tickets, event/concert production, site operations, security, transportation, hospitality.
• Creates and participates in development strategies in collaboration with the Board of Directors.
• The spokesperson for the Festival in the community, media, other cultural organizations and institutions.
The position of the Executive Director of Lancaster Festival is a full-time position that requires an individual with a high degree of integrity and exceptional interpersonal and organizational skills who can function as an effective manager and inspirational leader.
Ideally, the individual in this position would have experience in arts administration or an arts-related field.
Due to the extensive interaction required with the local community, the Festival Director will be required to live within the Lancaster area.
Compensation will be commensurate with the experience and background of the successful candidate. There are no benefits provided with this position.
The Lancaster Festival is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from persons of diverse perspectives.
Interested candidates, please submit resume with salary requirements and a brief statement addressing why you want the position of Festival Director of the Lancaster Festival to email@example.com or mail to Fairfield Medical Center, Attention: Lynne Lutz, Administration, 401 North Ewing Street, Lancaster, OH 43130.
Lancaster Festival is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/H.
Apply for this Job