Full-Time Job Exhibitions and Programs Manager
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
The Center for Italian Modern Art (CIMA), founded in 2013, is a public non-profit exhibition and research center offering one-of-a-kind encounters with rarely seen masterpieces and fostering new scholarship on 20th-century Italian art. Through our annual exhibitions, art history fellowships, and rich calendar of public programming, CIMA aims to illuminate the continuing resonance of Italian art across modern and contemporary culture and to serve as an incubator of curatorial ideas for larger cultural institutions.
We seek a highly motivated and creative Exhibitions and Programs Manager.
This is a permanent, full-time position.
The position reports to the Executive Director.
• Management of CIMA’s annual installations, undertaking all registrarial work; liaising with lenders and shippers for crating, transport, and insurance matters; overseeing installation and de-installation
• Work with the Executive Director on the conceiving, planning, and management of CIMA’s public, members, and VIP programming for each season
• Work with the Executive Director on the development of CIMA’s editorial and publication projects
• Coordination of Fellowship Program-related administration; working with the Executive Director in the day-to-day supervision and support of CIMA’s Fellows
Operations & Non-Profit Management
• Supervision of effective day-to-day functioning of CIMA
• Management of weekly tours, public programming, and special events
• Work with Executive Director and PR team on strategic communications plan and documents, and on CIMA’s online presence and identity/mission-related content
• Help in the organization of advisory committee and executive board meetings
• Management of CIMA’s internship program
The Center for Italian Modern Art is a young, dynamic organization with a small staff, where collaboration is greatly valued. Each person here contributes in many different areas, and candidates with other experience, in the fields of development, communications, editorial, or non-profit management, for example, are highly valued. Competitive salary, with health insurance and other benefits, and excellent opportunities for professional growth.
During the period of the annual exhibition, October to June, occasional Saturdays and evening hours required.
• Master’s Degree or equivalent in museum studies, arts administration, art history, or other relevant fields
• At least five years of relevant professional experience
• Broad knowledge of the arts and culture field across the U.S. and Italy
• Detail-oriented, excellent multi-tasker, superb organizational and communications skills
• Written and spoken Italian preferred
How to apply:
Please send a resume, cover letter, and 3 references as one single PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Exhibitions and Programs Manager” in subject line.
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis.
The position will be held open until an appropriate candidate is found; we intend to do our first review of candidates in mid-April.
Eligible candidates will be contacted by email for an interview.
No phone calls, please. CIMA is an equal opportunity employer.
|• Job Title:||Exhibitions and Programs Manager|
|• Job Type:||Full-Time Job|
|• Employer:||Center for Italian Modern Art|
|• Location:||New York, New York, United States|