Full-Time Job Exhibition & Production Coordinator
Mana Contemporary (Jersey City) seeks a full-time Exhibition & Production Coordinator responsible for the project management, scheduling, and technical oversight of exhibition and event coordination and installation.
• High degree of organizational skill with ability to handle multiple projects in various stages of development. Demonstrated ability to prioritize and manage time, juggle multiple duties and tasks, and meet deadlines.
• Coordinates all aspects of media and technology needed for events and exhibitions
• Strong understanding of audio, video, and lighting equipment with the ability to troubleshoot and resolve issues
• Excellent interpersonal skills, discretion and diplomacy.
• Communicate with internal staff as well as outside curators, clients, artists, and organizers in order to plan and understand the needs of each project.
• Plan, circulate, and implement detailed production schedules for each exhibition or event, communicating with key personnel and coordinating with various departments including curatorial, creative, and construction.
• Comfortable with the full spectrum of production involving both the administrative and installation labor based needs required to execute each project.
• Demonstrated initiative and administrative ability as required to work and understand the goals of a curatorial and programming staff in formulating and implementing installations.
• Perform daily exhibition and equipment maintenance—ordering and replacing and necessary parts for proper repair and upkeep. Turn exhibitions on/off daily, which allows for consistent monitoring of equipment.
• Familiarity with various mediums of artwork and modes of fabrication.
• 1-2 years minimum experience in new/digital media with a thorough knowledge of video formats, codecs, containers, etc.
• Comfortable with light video editing & format conversions.
• Ability to work under pressure with a variety of personalities and working methods.
The Production Coordinator will work weekdays from 9:30am–5:30pm. Candidate will occasionally need to work additional hours for events and openings. Salary commensurate with experience.
ABOUT MANA CONTEMPORARY
Mana Contemporary is a leading arts destination dedicated to celebrating the creative process. Based in a vast former tobacco warehouse, it unites artist studios, exhibition spaces, and ancillary services in a single location, facilitating conversation and collaboration among its burgeoning creative community. Visitors receive unparalleled access to all projects occurring inside Mana, and experience a range of art-making techniques and presentations first-hand. A transparent, comprehensive hub of creativity, Mana offers a profound, personal approach to contemporary art.
How to apply:
Applicants should send a cover letter expressing their interest in the opportunity and a resume outlining past experience to email@example.com
|• Job Title:||Exhibition & Production Coordinator|
|• Job Type:||Full-Time Job|
|• Employer:||Mana Contemporary|
|• Location:||Jersey City, New Jersey, United States|