Full-Time Job Executive Director
Ethos, Inc. is a vibrant nonprofit dedicated to making music education accessible for kids, regardless of their socioeconomic status or geographic location. Founded in 1998, Ethos’ offerings reach both inner city and rural youth, empowering communities with high quality music education. For more information about Ethos, please visit: www.ethos.org.
Ethos has had two executive directors since the inception of the organization. Positioned for a continued track record of success, Ethos is searching for a visionary leader with strong fundraising and financial management acumen to guide the strategic vision and management of the organization.
Ethos, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer dedicated to the advancement of equity within our organization and programs. We encourage applicants from diverse and underrepresented communities and backgrounds to apply, including those with disabilities and veteran status.
Reporting to the Board of Directors, Ethos’ Executive Director provides management of Ethos’ personnel and annual budget of $1.3 million. Ethos’ Executive Director has three direct reports including the Director of Programs, Executive Assistant and Rural Outreach Director.
In particular, we are searching for:
• A fundraising professional with demonstrated success leading significant fundraising efforts for a respected not-for-profit institution. Approximately 53% of Ethos’ annual budget is comprised of contributed revenue from regional and government grants, major gifts, annual events and legacy giving. Experience with capital campaigns highly desired.
• A candidate with an understanding of GAAP and an annual auditing process. Demonstrated experience in financial oversight of a nonprofit organization including business operations, cash flow management, budgeting, audit preparation and financial controls. Ethos is the recipient of two government contracts, knowledge and understanding of federal grants management highly desired.
• A leader with an understanding of arts education programming and programmatic best practices. This could include experience as a teacher, musician, artist, or previous experience as a leader of an arts education organization.
An adept verbal communicator that can motivate groups through public speaking as effectively as a one-on-one conversation.
• An entrepreneur with experience managing and creating opportunities for earned income. Approximately 47% of Ethos’ budget is earned income from class registration fees and community / school partnerships.
• A conductor that can motivate, inspire and lead a staff of 62 and a Board of Directors comprised of 14 community professionals. Preference given to applications with previous experience managing teaching artists and creative professionals.
• A change agent with demonstrated experience furthering diversity, equity and inclusion.
Salary Range: $65,000 – $75,000. Benefits include 100% medical benefits, professional development, 13 paid holidays, and PTO accrual at 8 hours a month (12 after three years of employment).
How to Apply
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and the names and contact information for 4 professional references. Submit email applications to: email@example.com
This search is being conducted by Ethos’ Board of Directors.
We anticipate that a candidate will be hired by Fall 2017.
More information about Ethos may be found online: www.ethos.org
|• Job Title:||Executive Director|
|• Job Type:||Full-Time Job|
|• Employer:||Ethos Inc.|
|• Location:||Portland, Oregon, United States|